Chapter 16: Past Lives

Start from the beginning

Reiner popped up beside Bertholdt with a guilty look gracing his features. The blond was the one to lose you and now you were in Horse Face's arms.

"I'll take her." The beefy blond stated, making a grab for you.

Jean held you closer and let out a growl. "Hell no. You're the one who lost her in the first place!"

Reiner grit his teeth and sneered. "I did not."

"G-guys, stop." The shy boy said, nervously glancing at your face that scrunched up from Jean's hasty attempts to evade Reiner's grabbing. "You're w-waking her up."

Jean narrowed his eyes at Reiner when the taller boy backed off. "Yeah, shut up Braun."

"Let's just g-go b-back to base, ok?" Bertholdt sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

Starting a fight over who got to carry you wasn't worth waking you up. And after Reiner and Jean's little stare off, they both agreed with the tall boy and started the trek back to HQ, the three of them oblivious of the set of eyes that watched them from above.

*************************************

"Where the fuck have you four been?! I was looking all over for (F/n) and I find out that you dumbasses took her?"

A fuming Talia stood at the entrance of the castle, her arms crossed, her brows furrowed and her mouth set in a thin line. The blonde was looking for you for at least three hours and after what happened last time when you left, Talia was afraid she would lose you for good this time.

The said three boys glanced away guiltily. An angry Talia was not a pleasant thing to come back to, especially if it was about you.

"Talia! Look at what Jean got me!"

The blonde's icy glare drifted over to you but it melted away in seconds. A little smile graced your features as you swung around a pastry in your fingers.

"It's called a scone." You said, taking a bite out of the flaky treat.

After taking another bite, you bounced over to Talia who narrowed her eyes at Jean. "You took her to the markets?"

"Talia it's fine." You huffed, rolling your eyes. "I wanted to go."

Before Talia could snap at each of the three boys who still stood awkwardly to the side waiting for Talia's verbal beating, you tugged at her arm.

"Let's go find Thomas."

You waved at the three boys behind you and took off to find Thomas in the large castle. When you rounded the corner and disappeared from Talia's sight, the girl rounded on the three boys and hissed out four words before running after you.

"You three are dead."

The blonde girl sprinted after you and quickly caught up to you. You happily munched on the sweet treat in your hand and gave Talia a sideways smile.

The blonde returned your grin and snatched a piece of your scone.

"Hey." You pouted. "That's mine."

Talia snorted and rolled her eyes. "Too bad."

You elbowed the girl in the ribs and shot her a playful glare. "I was fine you know."

Talia's golden orbs flickered over to you and raised an eyebrow. "Mhm, Im sure you were."

"What's that supposed to mean?" You snorted, handing Talia the rest of the scone which the girl gladly took.