Chapter 12: Stars

Start from the beginning

It was a mystery why Warren and Talia Reece has stuck around. But you enjoyed their company nonetheless. For some reason they enjoyed your dry remarks and gruff exterior. Maybe it was because Warren was similar to you and Talia was used to it. Whatever the case, you liked your two new friends. They made another reason for you to keep on going.

You silently stepped through the open window that you had cracked open earlier and landed softly on the cold stoned hallways. You winced when your landing made a small echo ricochet off the walls, standing stiff as a statue incase someone heard you.

After waiting for a moment or two you padded down the darkened hallways, humming softly to try and assure yourself nothing was going to grab you from the shadows. Your fingers drifted subconsciously to your hidden blade and made sure it was there.

You rounded a corner and froze abruptly when the sound of hushed whispers reached your ears. Slowly peaking around the corner your eyes searched for the source of the sound and spotted two figures.

You recognized Erwin's bulky figure but not the second one. The second one was short, taller than you, but still short. You squinted in the dark and slowly pieced together as to who it was. You remembered meeting him briefly. His dark aurora could be felt from where you were standing. Lance Corporal Levi, was it?

More whispers came from Erwin and you strained your ears to try and catch something. It was probably private, but oh well.

"Have you located him yet?" You heard Erwin speak.

A small click of Levi's tongue was heard. "No. The damn bastard is notorious for hiding this well."

Erwin sighed and you saw the shadow of his figure move to pinch the bridge of his nose. "This man is dangerous, Levi."

"Tch, I know. Why do you think I offered to find this piece of shit?"

You heard Erwin sigh again. "This case just gets more and more complicated each day. Are we even sure he's inside the walls?"

"No."

"Then why are we looking?" Erwin scoffed with a hint of irritation.

"Because I find it suspicious when a brat that's been missing since he was five suddenly shows up with a girl that claims he's dead."

You eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. Who were they talking about?

"I highly doubt what you're thinking, Levi. If she were part of this, she would have already done something."

Levi grunted and sighed. "I don't trust her."

"You don't have to, but don't make assumptions."

Although your curiosity urged you to stay and find out who and what the pair was talking about, your better judgement told you to leave before they caught you.

As silently as you could manage, you slipped back down the way you came and tiptoed out of earshot. Unfortunately for you, the place where they stood was the only way back to your room.

You swore and pressed your back against the wall in thought. Maybe you could bunk with Talia for the night... No, you didn't know where her room was. And Thomas's room was near yours, so that was out of the question.

You muttered angrily and stalked off towards the Mess Hall. It was the only decent place you could think of to sleep around besides the library, but the library was dark at night. Way too dark.

"Mess Hall it is then." You growled and soon reached the closed oaken doors.

You sighed and slowly pushed one open and gazed inside to inspect possible sleeping areas. It was weird seeing this place without people and unsettled you just a little bit.

You shrugged it off and slipped in. You made your way over to the table under the window, your usual spot during meals, and cocked your head to the side.

Do I sleep on top of it? Or do I just sit on the bench..?

Sighing, you placed yourself on the rough wood and scooted down so that your back rested against the wall. You draped your feet on either side of the bench, crossed you arms and leaned your head back. You shut your sleep deprived eyes and waited for the sweet embrace of unconsciousness.

Before long, your mind slipped into the state of sleep on the uncomfortable table.
*************************************

"Do you think she's dead?"

"No, dumbass. She's sleeping."

"Why is she sleeping here?"

Currently, most of the squadron of the 104th and three certain others were surrounding your sleeping self curiously.

Your arms were folded across your body with your grey cloak covering your upper half, while your head was lolled to the side. Your mouth was slightly parted and mumbled out a few incoherent words that made Talia and Sasha giggle softly while the others fawned over how cute you looked. Not that they would ever admit to that...

"D-do you think we should wake her up?" Bertholdt mumbled, a slight blush present on his sun kissed skin.

"Awww, but look at how adorable she is!" Talia cooed, lightly poking your cheek.

Your mouth twitched and moved your head to the other side. Talia and Sasha started to giggle again.

"Why is she sleeping here?" Eren asked, observing your peaceful slumber. "Did she get lost or something?"

"No...I don't think so." Thomas hummed, the hint of a smile forming on his lips. "If she was lost she would've come to my room. She knows where it is."

A few jealous glances were thrown Thomas's way. Your closeness to the boy was something they definitely envied.

"Ehehe, she looks so weird without that grumpy look she always has." Talia laughed, pinching your cheeks, earning her a subconscious grumble from you.

"Talia leave her alone." Armin sighed, a bit annoyed at Talia for disrupting your calm features.

The platinum blonde gave him a playful grin and went back to playing with your peaceful face. And suddenly she let out a high pitched squeal that made a few of the boys jump in alarm.

Your fingers were clenched tightly around Talia's wrist, your now very awake (e/c) orbs burned into her own.

"I swear to you Talia Reece, that if you don't stop pinching my cheeks I will personally throw you off the walls."

Talia retracted her hands and rolled her eyes. "Eh, sorry. You're just so cute when you're sleeping! I couldn't help myself."

You scowled and swatted away her hand that reached for your cheeks again. A faint rouge spread across your face when you noticed the ring of boys around you.

"Mornin' sunshine." Reiner winked after catching your eye and reaching over to ruffle your hair.

"Why did you sleep here?" Eren asked, sliding in the seat next to you, a quizzical stare in his teal eyes.

Memories of the strange conversation you over heard last night flooded to the front of your mind. It was probably best not to tell them why you had spent the night in the Mess Hall, midnight conversations never really were for others to hear.

"I got lost."

Thomas narrowed his eyes slightly at your placid face. You were an exceptionally good liar, but knowing you for years allowed him to see right through you.

Before Thomas could say anything about your little fib, Talia ushered you away to grab some food.

As you were dragged away from the small band of boys, various colored orbs watched your every move with what Thomas could describe as puppy-love.

His eyes widened as he suddenly realized why they were so focused on you.

"Oh my God. You're in love with my best friend."

Hey guys! Im going to try and add more individual chapters for each boy x you, and then get more in depth of your past and such. Also, Im sorry I haven't added Hanji, Levi, and Erwin a lot lately. They will come in later! I promise!!!