Chapter 10: Friends?

Start from the beginning

The girl had eagerly introduced herself and her brother as Talia and Warren Reece from the 105th squadron that had graduated very recently, first and second in ranking. You didn't really know what she meant but you assumed that must be some kind of training camp that fed into the military factions.

Warren didn't say much compared to his sister, content on just listening in on the conversation with an occasional word or two. You took a liking towards them both, much to Thomas's pleasure and you were oddly a little excited to see them again.

When you met them both you wanted to reach out to them for Thomas but whenever you tried to connect all that came out were choppy sentences and awkward mumblings. But somehow you weaseled your way into the twin's hearts with your odd quirks and gruff exterior and they understood you still needed time to adjust here.

When you stepped out of the doors, a blast of heat fanned your face and the bright sun greeted you, your name was called.

Squinting at the sudden adjustment of light you saw Jean waving his arm above his head while the other was cupped around his mouth. "Pipsqueak! Hey Pipsqueak!"

Your eye twitched at the nickname and folded your arms across your chest and glared at the boy who sauntered up next to you. "What."

"Just thought I'd say hello to the Pipsqueak." He grinned, giving you a flirty wink.

You scoffed and rolled you eyes and began walking again, Jean following. "Whatever."

You glanced up at the the two-toned haired boy and noticed a small cut on the painful looking purple and black bruise that spread across his thin nose.

You grimaced, "I-is, um, is your nose okay?" You asked, a bit unsure of yourself. Anthony had taught you to only look after your own self, but look at you now, pretty much asking a complete stranger if his nose was ok. His nose.

He smirked and gave you a sideways glance. "Well now that you mention it..." he contemplated, tapping his index finger against his chin. "It does hurt."

"Oh."

Jean saw your face fall and stare at the dusty ground, tugging your lip between your teeth and nibbling it guiltily, as bad as his nose looked, it didn't hurt that much. Butterflies erupted inside his stomach at the small habit you had, if only it were his lip you were bitting...

*Ahrg! No!, Jean scolded himself. He couldn't think like that right now, especially with you standing right next to him.

"Hey," he laughed, swinging an arm around your shoulders. "Im kidding."

Your guilty look shifter faster than Jean could blink. You scowled and raised your first, and dug your knuckles into his ribs with force.

"FUCK."

Jean cried out in pain and jumped away from your smirking self, his heavy arm slipped off your shoulders, allowing you to spin on your heel and leave the wheezing boy behind without a second thought or a glance behind you.

"Bye Jean."
*************************************

"(F/n)!" Dulcet tones called, catching your attention. "Over here!"

Talia smiled at you, her pearly white teeth were perfectly aligned. "Warren is with Thomas."

She ushered you to the two boys, Warren's athletic form stood still as a statue, eyeing Thomas's fidgety self.

"Stop moving so much." Warren said, his voice smooth and even.

"Sorry." Thomas mumbled to the taller boy, trying to calm his nerves before Erwin arrived. "It's just, I've only been doing this for, like, three days and Im scared something will happen."