Chapter 9: Assessments and Sparing

Start from the beginning

"Nowhere." You said simply, finding the irritated glare from Eren hilarious.

"We had a deal." He grumbled.

"Hey, I said the truth." You smirked.

"Hmph. Whatever." The brunette muttered. Suddenly, out of the blue, an idea formed in his mind; another lopsided grin replacing his scowl. "If you're going nowhere, then why don't you come with me? I think some of us need a change in the regular partnering."

Surprised at his offer you shook your head embarrassed, "I don't think that's a good idea..."

"Why?" He smiled, "I think you still owe me from last night."

You face met your palm when you remembered almost murdering Eren. A embarrassed flush spread across your cheeks. "Fine, I'll come with you. But I swear to God, I will actually end you if you mention that again."

Eren smirked happily while you glared at him dangerously with a hint of red lining your cheeks still. Even if you probably would kill him in his sleep, Eren's stomach couldn't help but twist in knots seeing your pouty face. Before his face could form his own blush, he started to head over to the meeting place with you besides him.

*************************************

When Eren reached the decent sized clearing where all his friends sat, they were surprised at seeing an unfamiliar face trail behind him.

"It's the Pipsqueak!" Jean hissed, rapidly placing himself behind one of the taller boys, his head peaking out behind a beefy arm to glare suspiciously at you.

Shasha burst out laughing and choked on her bread, earning a few strange glances at the tall brunette.

"Hey guys!" Eren called, waving to the small group consisting mostly of boys. "I brought someone with me!"

"Isn't that the chick that threatened you, Pony Boy?" A muscular blond barked, craning his neck to look at Jean who hid behind him.

"Shut up Reiner." Jean muttered, still eyeing you warily. The blond chuckled and stepped to the side, completely exposing the other boy.

Your sharp, observant (e/c) eyes landed on him instantly and smirked wickedly, successfully scaring him again.

"This is (F/n), everybody." Eren said, pointing down at you. "I invited her to train with us."

"Hey, aren't you the girl from outside the walls?" A shaven haired boy asked after giving you a wave.

"Yeah.."

"That's so cool." The boy smiled. "Im Connie Springer, by the way!" He laughed, running up to you and slinging an arm around your shoulders.

You tensed at his touch and squirmed slightly, unaware of the jealous stare from the teal-eyed boy next to you.

"So, like, do you wanna be sparing partners, (F/n)?" He offered happily, giving your shoulder a playful squeeze.

Before you could answer, another voice answered. "Obviously not, Connie. You suck at sparing." Eren scoffed.

Connie pouted sadly, letting you slip from his hold. Yet, before you made it to freedom, you crashed head first into a firmly built chest.

Yelping in surprise you tripped over your own feet and would of fallen if strong arms hadn't caught you and pulled you back into balance.

Looking up, since he was much taller than you, you were met with a flirty grin and soft blue eyes. "Hey there." He purred. "Im Reiner Braun."

Pulling your arms from his grip you made a noise of surprise when Eren pulled you by the collar of your shirt and protectively stood in front of you. The small noise you emitted made another tight knot form inside him, a few certain others as well.