Chapter 9: Assessments and Sparing

Start from the beginning

"(F/n)!" Thomas called, stepping after you, ignoring Cinna completely.

"Im fine, Thomas." You hissed, rounding on the boy. "Leave me alone."

His dark eyebrows furrowed but let you stalk off. Thomas would ask you later. This was embarrassing for you, he knew that, so he let you be. Thomas frowned and sighed, glancing up at Erwin who still watched you vigilantly, an unfamiliar emotion swirling in his deep cerulean eyes.

"Sir, she'll be ok." Thomas hummed. "Let her cool off."

The strong man nodded and stared down at Thomas. "We should continue your training."
*************************************

You angrily stomped towards the gothic looking castle, furious at yourself.

You were weak. You let Wren's death get the better of you and even embarrassed yourself in front of the Commander because you couldn't control your own damn thoughts.

"Stupid," you growled to yourself, kicking a stray pebble out of the way. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

"Hey, what did that rock ever do to you?" A familiar voice joked, interrupting your angry mutterings.

You turned and spotted Eren with a friendly smile waltzing after you. You shrugged, your bad mood slipping away almost instantly after seeing the boy.

"It got in my way." You said, a small smirk creeping over your lips.

The boy chuckled and bobbed his head in agreement. "Fair enough."

He paused before opening his mouth, not sure if it was he knew you well enough to ask what made you look so angry before, so he settled for something else, slightly afraid of having a repeat of last night. "Where you headed to, (F/n)?"

You honestly didn't know, anywhere was better than where you had just been. You shrugged and folded your arms across your chest, deciding to tease the teal-eyed boy a little.

"Depends on who's asking." You smirked, raising an eyebrow.

The brunette rolled his eyes and stepped closer. "Im asking. Where you headed?"

"Where are you* headed, Eren?" You mimicked, snorting in amusement as his eyes narrowed in annoyance.

"Ha ha, very funny." He said dryly, glaring at your amused features. Your (e/c) orbs sparkled even brighter in the sun, the various layers and colors visible to Eren. Last night he could barely see, but now that he saw you in daylight, his stomach fluttered anxiously.

"Let's make a deal, Eren." You said smugly. "Tell me where you're going and I'll tell you where Im going, deal?"

The corners of the brunette's mouth curved into a smile, and held out his hand. "Deal!"

You eyed his outstretched hand, much like you did yesterday and tilted your head to the side. "I thought you only did that when you met people."

"Well yeah, but, like, it's also used to seal deals and stuff." Eren explained.

"That's dumb." You snorted. "But whatever." Your hand shot out as well and shook it.

"Well a deal is a deal." He chuckled. "I was heading over to a training session with a few people from my squadron."

"Ah," you hummed, slightly curious if Armin was part of the training. You kind of missed the boy for some reason..

"It's your turn to tell me, (F/n)." Eren pressed, his tresses of chocolate brown hair swaying slightly in the light breeze around you.