Comfort?

I approach outside chandlers house, and knock gently on his front door.
I had no energy to knock louder than a whisper, and the door swiftly opens.

A woman, who appears young, opens the door.
"Are you Lauren?" She asks, asking me to come in.
I nod, and my eyes trail along the laminate flooring.
"I'm Chandlers mum, come in."

The house was larger but didn't appear that way from the outside.
The kitchen continued into a living room, and on the screen was Call of Duty, and infront of this screen, was Chandler, back to me.

"Sit down love."

I take a seat onto the couch next to Chandler, and pick up a controller.
"Ready to get your ass whipped?" I say, turning on my controller.
"You wish."

Being with chandler I just seemed to be at ease, time didn't exist, and most importantly I was happy it was almost as if I had forgotten what had just happened moments before.

We played for several hours, laughing, smiling, pushing, shoving, wining, losing.
"Hey sweetie, have you had dinner?" Chandlers mum ask.
"No, but you don't need to worry about me. I don't mean to sound rude, what is your name?"
"It's fine love, and Leanne. And I'm ordering Chinese in a minute. I'll get some extra for you."
"You honestly don't have to." I say, feeling some guilt for a reason.
"I want to."

And before I could reply, Leanne had turned away and was in the kitchen, holding a menu in one had and a phone in the other.

"After dinner, we'll go upstairs. You can tell me everything, you need to get it off your chest."
As soon as he said that, it seemed as if what we experienced before, shattered. And reality soon kicked back in.

I could feel my throat become clogged, and eyes become glossy and watery.
"Don't cry, please, don't cry."

I close my eyes, an expect to feel tears stream down my face.
But I don't.

I feel a soft palm brush under my eyes, and wipe away the tears.
I softly smile, and he smiles back, pulling me into a tight grip.

I never wanted this hug to end, it felt like it was me and chandler no one else.
"Am I interrupting?" I hear Chandlers mum voice call.

We break the hug and both laugh, and Leanne softly smiles at me.
After a while, dinner arrives and me and chandler both sit at the table.

"Dinner is served!" Leanne calls, placing our plates infront of us.