The Red Envelope

The familiar carvings and paintings on the walls of Hogwarts comforted y/n slightly whilst she, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Dumbledore descended down into the dungeons towards Professor Snape's office. They weren't even at the bottom of the stairs when she heard Snape's yells and bellows. "-the exposure of our world! Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a Whomping Willow that's been on these grounds since before you were born!" He sounded truly angry. A muffled reply came next but y/n couldn't match the voice to a name. "Silence!" Snape boomed. The three were a few meters away from the door now. "I assure you that were you in Slytherin, and your fate rested with me, the both of you would be on the train home, tonight!" y/n was really happy that she hadn't done whatever the two boys had done, "As it is-"

"They are not," Dumbledore spoke as he, Professor McGonagall and y/n came to the doorway of Snape's office. y/n stood further back, not wanting to cross an angry Severus, but she stepped further into the room, she wanted to see who the stupid kids were that got themselves in so much trouble they got three of the highest up people in the school. Her jaw dropped. Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley were standing in front of Snape who was looking down at them with utter vile.

Harry turned to see who had spoken and spotted the two Professors, "Professor Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall." he addressed them, exasperated and intimidated, his shock only grew when he spotted the witch stood behind McGonagall. "y/n? what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you two the same question," y/n responded. How had these two get themselves into so much trouble, and what had they done to get them into it?

"Quiet, the both of you." Professor McGonagall said firmly, walking further into Snape's office behind Dumbledore, y/n quickly followed.

"Headmaster," Snape started and pointed a finger at Harry and Ron, "these boys have flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry. As such..."

"I am well aware of our bylaws, Severus. Having written a number of them myself." Dumbledore interrupted him, smiling slightly trying to lighten the damp mood of the damp room. "However, as head of Gryffindor house, it is for Professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action."

"We'll go get our stuff then," Ron said, looking very ashamed,

"What are you talking about, Mr Weasley?" said McGonagall.

"You're going to expel us, aren't you?" Ron replied, having already accepted his fate.

"Not today, Mr Weasley." She said and Snape looked like his birthday had been cancelled. Hm, I wonder how old Professor Snape is? Harry and Ron looked at each other and smiled. "But I must impress on both of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be writing to your families tonight and you will both receive detention."

"That wasn't too bad," y/n thought, but she hadn't actually found out what they had done. And she decided to wait until later to ask them, now didn't seem like the place nor time.

"Right, now that all this is settled. Severus, I will leave you with Miss l/n. Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, go straight to your dorms." Dumbledore said and everyone except for y/n and Snape left the room. y/n suddenly felt very alone and cold without the others standing by her. It wasn't that Snape scared her, he was just so, intense.

"Sit down," he ordered her in an annoyed monotone voice. y/n could tell that he was well pissed off now and didn't waste a second in taking a seat. "I wanted to discuss the matter of your classes with you before tomorrow." y/n was glad that it was just school stuff and nothing more. "Your class clashes with your Herbology lessons. You could drop the subject altogether, or catch up with your peers through evening classes with Professor Sprout, the choice is yours."