5| when he drew for her

{ I highly suggest listening to the song above while you read this chapter }

THE SIMPLEST of gestures can make the most beautiful impacts on someone's life. Simple gestures of kindness can make you feel special, appreciated, and cared for. And for someone that's never felt those things before, he was definitely shocked at how just a simple gesture could make him feel so radiant. He was practically glowing with happiness.

He hadn't thrown away the paper coffee cup since the dark-skinned beauty had given it to him, and he instead let it stand on his nightstand in plain sight. He couldn't help it—it made him smile. No one had ever been so kind to him when they didn't have too, or when they weren't obligated too.

So, when he stepped through the all too familiar doors of the harmony cafe the next day, he immediately searched the interior for the girl that was so infinitely kind when she didn't have to be.

And there she stood—her untamed curly hair lazily pulled back into a ponytail as she took an order from a customer. You could see her eyes from here, the mere color of them making your jaw drop. They were filled with stars and sparkling under the lights of the cafe—somehow making her appear angelic. And maybe it's because he's an artist, but he thought her hands were gorgeous; they were worn out, yet elegant at the same time.

Holy crap, she was beautiful.

With a slightly dazed expression on his face, he took his usual seat at the table by the corner, wasting no time in pulling out his paper and pencil. He let time pass, he let his mind wander, and he sketched until his hands hurt.

And then, when he made sure she wasn't looking, he left the sketch on the table before quickly walking out of the cafe and disappearing down the street.