Chapter 2

"Colonel?"
I glanced from the mound of papers that were gathering on my oak desk, "What is it, Hawkeye?"
The blonde allowed herself to enter the office, and opened the door wider for the Elric brothers to be seen.
I nodded, they're early.
"Hey Mustang," Ed took a seat on the couch, Alphonse followed, but stood behind it.
It was then that I noticed the white haired boy.
He seemed to be uninterested in the books on my shelves, and had a slouched position with his hands in his pockets.
"You're unbelievably pale, boy," I say.
He turned, smirking, "Family doesn't go out much during the day."
I nodded, and folded my hands on the desk, "And the Elric brothers brought you here...?"
Ed took the hint, and began explaining, "We thought that you might want to see the newcomer."
"Hmm," I watched the boy for another moment, he moved silently, and looked like a normal boy his age as he reached into his bag and pulled out a set of yoyos.
"I'm Killua," he said, catching both the toys, then throwing them down again, "I'm just here to tour, and to find something cool," he shrugged.
I really shouldn't reveal my last name, last time I did; people knew who I was almost instantly, Killua thought, smiling and spinning his yoyo again.
"I see," I moved my hands to underneath my chin, something is off, I looked to Ed, who clearly was thinking the same, "Can you use Alchemy? Ed and Al could probably use some help these next couple weeks."
Killua tilted his head to the side, then spoke, "Nope, I don't do Alchemy."
I narrowed my eyes, "Then what can you do?"
This time, the boy smiled wider than before, "I'm pretty good at fighting."
"Fighting? Can you be more specific? What type? Martial Arts? Karate? Boxing?" This boy was more difficult to deal with than Edward.
"Ohhhh," Killua put his yoyos back, "Anything, then."
Ed got up from the couch, "What do ya mean, anything!? What kind of answer is that!?"
I raised a hand for Edward to simmer down, "You won't die out there with them, will you?" I asked the boy.
His grin didn't falter like I thought it would, I kept my stare on him.
He simply looked up at the ceiling, pretending to think, "Nope," he met my stare, "I wouldn't let someone kill me."
I sighed, "Let them, huh?" I turned to the Elric brothers, "Alright, take him with you on your patrols, you both are good enough alchemists to not get him killed."
Killua's ears perked up, and he glared at Alphonse, "You told me you weren't an Alchemist!" He pointed.
Al laughed nervously, and put a hand to his neck, "I said I wasn't a State Alchemist, anyone can learn Alchemy."
"That's fantastic," Killua dead-panned.
I watched as the young boy lost interest, and then spotted something outside.
"What's your surname, boy?"
He faced me, and glanced out the window again, "Zoldyck."
I felt myself blink a couple times, "That wasn't so hard was it."
Killua gave an odd look before grinning, "Family never really wanted me to say my last name- I'm thinking of changing it, ya know?"
Ed stood up, "Why would ya do that!"
"Nii-San..."
The other boy just shrugged, "I don't want to be associated with my family."
"Hmm," he definitely has more information he's not spewing, "Well, Hawkeye will take you to your quarters, then you should head out by tomorrow morning."
Both Ed and Al nodded, then Killua followed them out. Hawk eye closed the door then began to show them what room they would be staying in.
"When do you guys train?" Killua inspected the room, it wasn't the fanciest place, but it would do, he set his bag down.
Ed was laying in the bed near the door, "Ahh, whenever," he put his hands behind his head, "We don't really have a set schedule, do we, Al?"
The armored guy shook his head, then approached the door, "Nii-san, I'm just going to the library for a bit."
"Mmhm," Ed stifled a yawn.
The library? Killua eyed the hallway before they were shut in again, "Do you guys go to the library often?"
Ed nodded, closing his eyes, "We have to stop there again tomorrow, but-" he yawned, "-Al likes to sometimes get a head start."
"I see," Killua looked out the window, crossing his arms, finally, some progress.
He decided to get some sleep, after not sleeping for nearly three days, he needed to regain some of the energy he'd lost.
Killua kicked off his shoes and crawled under the covers, and just before he shut his eyes, he heard a faint snore come from the bed across from his.
I'll kill him if he's a loud snorer, Killua rolled over, I don't know how I ever handled Gon's, he sighed.
^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^
Sorry about the long period of time in which I did not update.... I got lazy :/
Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter as the last!
I read all of FMA, so I know what's up, but I also really want to finish Brotherhood :3 I love love love the opening song~
Fun fact: Alphonse's nickname, Al, is the periodic table short for Aluminium!
Get it... 'cause he's a suit of armor....
Okay, I'm done.
Thanks for reading!
-mycatWalter