Chapter Nine (NEW SPECIAL EDITION~)

Start from the beginning

"Keep an eye out for the gaps, they might be big but that makes them clumsy. Think quickly with your feet and we'll have it in the bag," I told them. They cheered and then we all stuck our hands in.

"Break!" Rory cried and we spread out into our positions. Being captain meant I could pick my position, as well as the others, and I usually stuck with left wing. Rory was the best at offence, so he was mid striker.

Rory started, home always started here, and took off into the mass sea of red and blue as the whistle was blown and everyone dashed. I followed him to the left of the field, moving in and out of players like he did but from the side. Within seconds he scored the first goal for the match.

It was tight for a while, both teams scoring evenly. These guys must have been on steroids or something because they just didn't seem to tire as easily as we did and soon we were dropping behind.

Rory got the ball again, he had a clear run for the goals and I flanked him as he ran for it. Suddenly the big brute who'd given me the evils was charging for him. One on one they wouldn't be a match. Rory swiftly dodged the first kick as I ran in to help. The guy caught me in the corner of his eye and as I approached he swung out. I wasn't fast enough and his elbow smacked me right across my face.

The next thing I knew Rory was helping me sit up. My face throbbed, but worst of all was my nose and it was gushing with blood. I grabbed it quickly as coach rushed in to help me to my feet.

The medical staff reached me first, and looked over my face.

"Nothing's broken," she instructed more to my coach than to me.

"Good. Off Dorian," he said to me, patting my shoulder. There was no point arguing, I could barely see, so I jogged off the field and into the changing rooms. There was blood everywhere, all over my uniform, so I ripped it off and left it on the floor as I climbed into the shower.

I turned on the hot water and felt in bliss as the warm water washed over my muscles and helped relax them. I put my palms up on the wall and let my head fall, watching the blood run down my face and drip to the floor where it pooled around the plughole. I'd wash quickly, and then get back out to support my team. 

I closed my eyes and tried to go over the match. The boys could do it without me, and I could still lead them from the side, but it didn't feel right. Like sending my soldiers out to fight in a war while I sit back safe at home. It was wrong.

Dustin probably saw me go down. How embarrassing... not that I cared what he thought. He probably thought I was a fool for being taken down so easily. Those blue eyes frowning at me from the stands. His head would tilt slightly with curiosity like it did sometimes when we were in class together. The ways his lips would tremble when he was nervous... the way my lips trembled with the urge to smile whenever I saw his cute little face...

NO! I shook my head. I couldn't think about that, it would just make me smile. I can't get close to him, I can't. What would I do if I got too close and-

"You alright?" came a confident sweet voice over the sound of the rushing water. I tensed. I turned, but only my head, to look at him over my shoulder. His eyes went wide when our eyes met and then he glanced around, picking up a towel. He came over to me and held it to my face.

"You should keep pressure on that if you want it to stop running," he told me, lips curling at the ends in amusement. He was close, he was so close. I searched his eyes but saw nothing. He was so close.

I grabbed the towel from him and held it up myself, "Ah thanks I guess," I mumbled in reply. His eyes dropped down for a moment and I froze, even holding my breath, as he relaxed.