Chapter Four

ENJOY!

~

Aisling P.O.V

I was driving home with Dustin. 

Turns out he only lives around the corner from me. His car smelt tasty, like butterscotch and vanilla. I tried to discreetly sniff it, but I wasn't that discreet.

"What are you doing?" Dustin laughed as he turned a corner, noticing my sniffing action. I snickered and blushed a little.

"Nothing - your car smells good - I wasn't doing anything!" I said, and then gave him an 'I-dare-you-to-defy-me' look. He grinned.

"Which one is yours?" Dustin asked as we drove along my street.

"Left one with the purple trees," I told him, pointing so my finger touched the windscreen glass pane. He pulled into the driveway while I bounced in my seat as the Jacaranda trees loomed over us. I loved when they were in bloom.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I thanked him once he'd stopped. "So are you coming to the party with me tonight?" I looked at him eagerly. He shifted in his seat, clearly discomforted. I reached out, unable to stop myself, and hugged him.

"We don't have to stay long. We can go and if you don't like it we can leave and come back to mine and watch movies and eat pizza," I told him. I leaned back so I could look at his face. He bit his bottom lip as he thought about it, then sighing, he nodded. I squealed and hugged him again.

"Yay, pick me up at 7?" I asked him. He nodded again gloomily. I kissed him on the cheek and hopped out of the car, running to the front door and bursting through it. I stuck my hand out and waved to him, not seeing if he waved back and then closed the door. 

You might be wondering why I was so excited about this? Well, Dustin was getting me out of my comfort zone, pushing me to stand up for myself and for others. So I kind of wanted to help get him out and about a little. Blink, and our teenage years would be over. You had to experience a high school party at least once. Not that I was interested in drinking or anything like that. But it was a vibe. A feeling you could only feel in that kind of environment. 

Plus, I'd heard rumors that some guys were coming to the party from the next town over. The next - much bigger, hopefully more accepting town over. Perhaps it was too much to hope one of them might be at least bisexual, but I could hope they might be a little more open and understanding. And maybe, just maybe, Dustin could find a few more friends. He deserved friends. He was awesome.

I rushed off to my bedroom and flung my bag into the corner of the room, then went to my wardrobe and began throwing clothes everywhere to find something to wear. I tried on seven outfits before deciding on a denim skirt and a black lacy top.

I took my makeup bag into the bathroom and applied what I thought was a good amount for the vibe I was going for. Not full on, but more than just natural looking.

Then I went into the kitchen to snack on crackers and cream cheese with a glass of raspberry cordial. 

I looked up at the time, and began to panic when I saw it was fifteen minutes until 7. I raced off to the bathroom to check my make-up and hair while brushing my teeth - which I'll have you know is not as easy as it sounds. Finally ready, I grabbed my phone and put it into my handbag before going to wait out on the front porch. 

Dustin pulled up a few minutes later looking like someone had just died. I smiled and got into his car, before looking him over. He looked good in black skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees, and a white Run DMC Tee with the sleeves ripped off, which exposed his arms in a way that showed he had a little toning to his muscles. Not so scrawny after all. I felt like a pervert so I looked away.

"Don't look so sad, honey, I promise to make sure you have fun," I reassured him. He just moaned in grief and reversed out of the driveway. 

I told him the address and we were off. The whole trip was spent with him in sulking silence and me jabbering on about the party excitedly. Then we pulled up to a very car packed front lawn. I got out and turned to see Dustin hadn't even taken his hands off the steering wheel. I poked my head back in the car door.

"I know you're nervous, but if you really didn't want to come you wouldn't have even picked me up," I grinned. He glared at me, obviously agreeing but pretending not to, and got out of the car. 

Once he'd locked his precious vehicle and put his keys in his jeans pocket, I took his arm and led him into the party.

Admittedly, I was also a little nervous. I wasn't sure how people would react to me turning up with Dustin. But I didn't care. And I certainly wasn't going to tell Dustin that.

~

Mouki out~