seven: parasuicidal

Start from the beginning

At the speed of Mach 1, All Might swung a punch at me that I partially blocked and ended up crashing to the nearest wall.

But I stood my ground, my arms shielding me.

All Might grinned wider then lunged at me with twice the speed.

I set the timing right and jumped over his head before he could get to me. Without missing a beat in mid air, I conjured out my scythe and swung the blade at his head- only to have him block it with incredible strength.

Blood ran down his arm and I took the opportunity to grasp his shadow to keep him still. "I've been trying out something freaky during my stay in the asylum, and I want you to be the one to witness it first-hand." I stepped back and took in a deep breath, focusing on the strings that started to appear around him. I tugged on the one nearest to his arm and made him move against his will. "Kneel." I winded several strings to my arm then yanked them, forcing him to his knees.

My Quirk was strong enough to weigh him down, but it didn't take long for him to gain control and break my resolve.

I fell on my hands and knees and started coughing out blood. "I-It takes a toll, but its worth every second I spent learning it."

"How did you come up with such a technique?" All Might asked as he helped me up to my feet.

"A few years after Shade came into the picture, I became curious and, like father like daughter, conducted a few experiments."

"Agatha." He warned me. "I told you before, you are forbidden from tampering with things you don't understand."

I sighed, then looked him dead in the eyes. "Then stop tampering with my life, will you?"

I know what hurt Toshinori most, and that is seeing me be undone. Before my life became a living hell, Toshinori was a family friend who cared for me like his own. He was more of a father than my real one in every way. But I'm not the helpless little girl anymore.

I mentally slapped myself on the way to the exit of the training facility. "I-I'll go ahead."

"Agatha."

"Yeah?"

"I'm still.. I'm still your hero, right?"

I didn't dare look back into his eyes, the guilt might eat me alive. "You weren't there when I needed you most; no one came for me, so I saved myself. I guess I don't need a hero anymore."

What the hell are you saying?!

All I wanted to do now was to take it back and apologize, but after years and years of being in solitude, my pride wouldn't let me.

Instead, I walked out of the door without another word.

~

Once the dismissal bell rang, I didn't head to my dorm right away, instead I slipped through the gates and went for a walk.

"Is that her?"

"Yeah, she's the real deal. That girl's the Reaper."

"I heard she killed hundreds of people in her dad's hospital- when she was just 13."

"Really? That's horrible! And to think she's attending classes here in UA."

I sighed and raised both of my hands to cover my ears. I stopped walking when I came across a bridge over what seemed like a vast river.

Here, at least, I could just.. breathe.

"Hey! Give that back! Its my little sister's!"

I turned to the other end of the bridge to find some older kids messing with a boy and a younger girl who was already in tears.