Chapter 3

John's POV

Zoey and I spent at least 4 hours in the studio. By this time it would be pretty dark outside, and it was. I told Zoey I would walk her to her house since the buses aren't running at this time, and she allowed me. We made little conversations as we walked.  Her house wasn't far from the bus stop she was at, but I didn't mind, I liked being accompanied by her. Her personally could make the saddest person smile. 

Her house was almost like a mansion: white, big, fancy-like. Maybe she was rich, but I didn't bother asking. "Do you live alone?" I asked as we walked along the concrete walkway leading to her door. "No, but sometimes it feels like it, my parents are never home. That's why I stayed here, to see them." She said with a heavy sigh. I felt bad. I knew what it feels like to be alone all the time. I never get out as much as Lenny, my brother, or his girlfriend. They are never home, just like what Zoey just explained about her parents.

She dug for her keys in her bag until she found them. I didn't want to be a disturbance, and it was getting late, so I didn't stay. "Thanks for accompanying me." She said. She opened her arms out, and wrapped them around me for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her small body.  I quickly glanced down at her feet, she was on her tippie toes. "You're welcome" I said. 

We stood there, frozen, in the hug for more than a minute, but I didn't mind, it was warm and comforting. She let go, so I did as well. She gave me her number and said "Call me when you get home, so I know you're safe." That brought a smile to my face. We both said goodnight, and I went off. I heard the door close quietly as I turned and walked away.

I felt so..happy and loved. This could be a start to a great friendship.