E 1. "Welcome To America's Finest City!" (5/6)

So, the daily practices begin at the Kroc Ice Arena. Consisting of on-ice and off-ice drills, the Gulls are practicing hard to have a winning season.

During one of their practices, two facility works are observing the minor league team from the other side of the glass.

"Aren't you excited?" one of the facility workers exclaims to the other. "We have a San Diego team practicing here!"

The other worker rolls his eyes with a bored expression. "Pssshhh, minors." He then marches off with crossed arms.

Meanwhile off the ice, Brandon is not having better days with his sleeping life. From the red couch to the brown couch to the reclining chair to the floor, there is no comfortable place to sleep on. It doesn't help when the search for that fourth bedroom is turning out hopeless.

Unfortunately, the back pain, now including neck pain, of Brandon prevails on game day...

"OWWWWWWWWW!!!"

Everyone drops their forks and turns their heads to the one who screamed.

Brandon has dropped his eating utensils and is now letting out a series of cracks from his neck and back along with a series of yelps. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"

Joseph, having enough of the sounds, leans over and smacks his back hard.

"OW!" Brandon yelps, jolting up a bit.

Max stares at his teammate worriedly. "Oh dear, Brandon... Would you be able to play tonight's game?"

Brandon takes his arm and pulls it over his head while leaning toward the table. He faces his strained face at him. "Yeah..."

Joseph eyes him with a displeased expression. "Where did you sleep this time? In the sink?"

"On the floor." Brandon then grabs hold of his head and twists it from side to side as pops emit from it.

Max stares at him with a troubled look. "We should really get you a bed."

Joseph's eyes slide over to his friend. "And fit it where?"

"Well, in the living room, I suppose..."

"Oh yeah--" Joseph raises his hand and eyes toward the living room that is beyond him. "I'll just walk in here in the morning and see Monty drooling and snoring." He drops his hand and turns to him. "Such a lovely sight."

Brandon begins to titter. "Heh heh heh heh...!"

Joseph tells Max, "He's laughing because it's true."

Brandon's tittering bursts out into nervous laughter.

Nick peers up from his plate. "We can put the bed in my room."

Once Brandon heard that, he immediately stops laughing and makes a face with trepidation at his friend. "Um...I don't think it'd fit in there... Thanks, though." He turns back to his plate and begins eating.

Nick continues on: "Well, I think we can fit it--"

"Oh better yet," Joseph cuts in with a sarcastic tone, "let's see, hm, maybe we can find the FOURTH BEDROOM."

"I've tried...!" Brandon cries out, throwing his eating utensils onto the table. "Nugh." He digs his hands into his head and groans. "It's like nonexistent. Probably it's a mistake on the landlord's part."

"So the owner of the house does not know their own house." Joseph shrugs and finishes sardonically, "Seems legit."

"But for now," Max cuts in, pointing his fork in the air, "we must get ready for the big game tonight" He faces his three roommates. "Excited?"