Let Me Change Your Mind, Boy {BoyxBoy}

“Kyle!” My mom yelled as soon as I walked down the stairs.

“What?” I asked her as I joined her in the kitchen. I pulled my iPhone 4 off the charger on the counter and looked at her.

“Guess what?” She said excitedly. My mother was young. She had me when she was 14, which has her be 30 right now. She was the youngest parent, except for the girl with the mother who had her when she was 12…

“Your slow, Kyle! Reese’s parents are going on their second honeymoon! They didn’t want Reese staying home alone, so he’s coming to spend two weeks with us!” She cheered. I laughed at her and she hugged me.

“Momma, why are you so happy on a Friday morning?” My youngest sister asked, carrying her purple, stuffed bunny I had gotten her for Easter.

“Because Kyle’s best friend is going to spend the night for two weeks!” Mom told her, picking her up.

“Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s Pieces is coming over? Can we watch ET again, Momma?” Sadie asked, clapping her hands. At four, she was totally adorable and loved Reese.

“You’ll have to ask him!” My mom said, turning her attention to my six year old and twelve year old brothers entering the kitchen.

“Can you shut up?” Jaden, my twelve year old brother, asked grouchily. I rolled my eyes and he punched me jokingly. Tyler, the six year old, stretched his arms out, wanting me to hold him. I picked him up as I checked my phone.

Reese;

Meet u at school?

Kyle;

No, meet me at the stop sign.

Reese;

Sure thing

            I played with my little brother, waiting for breakfast to be done. My fourteen year old sister finally joined us, half awake.

“Samantha, does it seriously take you that long to get up? It’s been thirty minutes!” I groaned and she just stuck her tongue out. She had to be my favorite, even though I liked the little ones and Jaden.

            Jaden and Sam were my only full blooded siblings. Each two years apart, after Jaden was born my father left. Hence, the big gap in ages. My mother remarried and a year later, Tyler was born. Two years after, Sadie was born.

            I had asked my mom why she had her kids two years apart; she always answered that at two most of the time kids are easier to pay attention to.

“You guys need to get going.” My mom told us and my siblings and I all went to our rooms except for Sadie and Tyler, who waited for Mom.

            I looked at the clock. 6 AM to be exact. We always got up at five to have a little family time which I enjoyed. At sixteen, most kids would be like ‘ew, family time!’ but I liked it because my family was always doing something.

“KYLE!” My father yelled as I ran down the steps after getting dressed.

“What’s up?” I asked, rounding the corner to see my dad drinking coffee talking to Mom.

“Are you doing anything tonight?” He asked as he gave me a hug. I loved my dad. Well, not my real dad. I love my step dad who I think of as a real dad.

“Reese will probably come over but other than that, no. Why?” I asked him as I got a drink of coffee.

“Just wanted to know, because Sam has a friend coming over and we are doing something tonight.”

“Okay, I’ll watch over her.” I told him.

“Tyler is having a friend over too.” Mom cut in.

“Ya, because that’s smart, have two twelve year old boys and two fourteen year old girls.” I told them, shaking my head. I remembered when I was twelve. It was not a good thing.

“I’m going to go to school. I’ll see you guys later,” I said as we finished eating breakfast.

“Bye,” Six people chorused. I laughed and said ‘bye’ back before grabbing my bad and leaving. I kicked rocks on the way to the stop sign. Reese leaned against the sign, playing with his balance bracelet.

“REESE!” I screamed at him, his head shooting up. He smiled wide and I laughed. He had come out of the closet a few months ago. It didn’t bother me though and he had some guys at school that were into him. Who wouldn’t be though? He had brown shaggy hair, green eyes, was all muscle and was tall.

“Let’s go,” Reese said, putting his hands in his light blue faded pants and walking towards school. I caught up with him and followed next to him.