Public displays of Nick Jonas

Nick 

I was sitting in my car in the parking lot, waiting to go in to my meeting. I couldn't stop thinking about Demi being with Wilmer last night. I should have been the one taking her to that event. I should have been hugging her when she got up to accept an award. I should have been the one smiling at her as she thanked the people who have gotten her there. It should have been me. My phone made its notification sound & I checked to see who texted me. A smile formed on my face as I read Demi's text. She did it. She broke up with Wilmer. Now it was my turn & I suddenly got butterflies thinking about breaking up with Olivia. I was nervous & scared. I had no idea how she would take it. I didn't know her well enough to know what her reaction would be. Was it going to be ugly? Would she cry? God, I hated to see girls cry. I knew I needed to break up with Olivia, but as I thought about the next few weeks, I didn't see a good time. She was due back from Dubai this weekend & then she had family & friends coming to L.A. to visit before she had some photo shoots scheduled.

I finished up my meeting & I had nothing to do that day, so I did what I wanted to do more than anything. I went to Demi's. She looked happy to see me when she opened the door & let me in. I took a few steps into her apartment & turned toward her. "You busy today?" I asked.

Demi shook her head as she walked to me. "No, just relaxing before I leave for New Jersey in the morning." Her arms went around my waist as she smiled up at me.

"Do you want to spend the day with me?" I asked, a shy grin on my face.

"I guess." She shrugged her shoulders, playfully smiling at me.

I leaned my head down to kiss her mouth, softly. "How did Wilmer take it?" I asked in a whisper.

"Good, actually, but he knows about us." Demi let go of me & walked toward her kitchen.

I followed, quickly, shaking my head in disbelief. "He knows? Why did you tell him? The less people that know about us the better. I don't want this to bite us in the ass later."

Demi threw open her fridge. "First of all, I didn't tell him. He guessed because he knows me well & he has seen our chemistry over the years. Nick, there are going to be rumors regardless when it comes out that we're dating. There will be people who will assume there was something going on while we did this tour. It's just a part of our life in the limelight." Demi pulled out a bottle of water, opened it & took a drink as she turned around, facing me as I stood a few feet from her. "You want one?" She asked, holding the bottle up. I shook my head & she shrugged. "He won't say anything."

I rolled my eyes. "Yea, right. It will come out one day. Mark my words." I was irritated.

"Whatever. I'm not worrying about it. Can we just enjoy each other for a few hours before I leave?" Her head tilted as she smiled.

"I guess. I wish I could go to Jersey with ya tomorrow."

"You would if your aunt's wedding wasn't tomorrow. What about my Jersey show next week? You coming to that one?"

"Yea. I'll be there."

"Will you be single then?" Demi asked, running her hand down my chest.

I sighed. "Probably not. I'm gonna need a little more time."

"Why?" Demi couldn't hide her disappointment.

"We have plans next week with her friends & family."

"You mean her friends & family need some public displays of Nick Jonas." Demi rolled her eyes as she walked away from me, heading to her family room.