Treehouse Fears

"Okay Ducky, your turn"
June gestures for me to spin the bottle.
I look around at all of the antsy, eager faces of those around me. All waiting to see who the universe has chosen for me to rest my lips upon this fine evening.
I don't want to do it. I agreed to play this stupid game because Smithy wanted me to. She's adventurous like that. Honestly, the only reason I went through with it was because Jameson was playing. If I ever got a chance to snog those cherry pink lips, I promised myself that I wouldn't go on and on about it for weeks on end.
--
My fingers were on the bottle, ready to spin. The cool glass sent a shiver down my spine. My brain was screaming WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!. I didn't even know.
I spun the bottle with all the hope in my heart that it would land on Jameson. The bottle was shaky on the wooden floor boards.
-
The circle around the bottle was composed of 7 people: June - Popular gal that owns this tree house.
Me - Duck, the coolest ever.
Smithy - My best gal friend.
Jameson - The sweetest and most prettiest boy in the whole entire world.
Brody - Jameson's best friend.
Duke - June's boyfriend. (Real tall)
Marquee - Odd ball. Happened to be passing by when we all got together.
--
The anticipation of the spinning bottle made the tension in the room thick enough to cut with a knife.
As it started to slow, my eyes were bolting around the circle at all the expressions their faces mustered up.
I looked down at the bottle, and it was pointed at.... Smithy. I reached out to spin again but my hand was slapped away and I was soon met with lips on mine.
-
So many emotions were running through my mind. I couldn't imagine the thoughts running through everyone else's heads when it happened.
I was confused and mad, but at the same time, I was happy, excited, and enjoying it. I wasn't sure what was happening. I saw a flash of light.
The kiss was brief but passionate. When it ended, I was met with the soft eyes of Smithy..?
-
"Oh this is golden!"
I hear Brody yell holding his smartphone. DID HE GET A PICTURE?!
-
Panicked, I look at Smithy. She was just as SHOOK as I was. We came to a neutral agreement through eye contact and got up and ran out together.
We got out of the treehouse and just stood there, looking at each other.
"WHAT THE SHIT!?" I yell. She feels guilty.
"Look, I know it was sudden but I did it for you!" She explained.
What? How could that have possibly benefited me at all?
"What?"
In short, I was shook.
"Okay, okay, I figured that since Jameson was there, you'd want to do something a bit provocative. And what turns on guys more than gal on gall action??"
She did have a point. I had to admit, I was impressed with her quick thinking.
--
After thinking through what we'd do or say when we went back up into that treehouse. We returned and once we got settled in, we were assaulted with questions.
Of course we didn't answer them but we did continue the game. Marquee kissed Smithy, Brody gave Duke a peck on the cheek and June started making out with Duke and that was where the game concluded. As the happy couple were exchanging bodily fluids in the corner, the rest of us were talking amongst ourselves.
-
Smithy begged Brody to delete the picture of us kissing, but he wouldn't budge.
"Please! I'll do anything! That picture can't get out anywhere!"
Once Smithy said anything, Brody's amused smile turned into a mischievous smirk.
"Anything?"
All of a sudden my attention was peaked.
"YES."
I really hope he stays in his lane. He undoes one shirt button and starts unbuckling his belt. I could see the fear in her eyes. As soon as he started on Smithy, Marquee pushed Brody up against the wall and started strangling him. It all happened so suddenly. As soon as it went down, Jameson nabbed Brody's phone and deleted the picture. The trouble was gone. But the damage had already been done.
--
Somehow during all of that, June and Duke missed all of what just happened. After all of that. We decided to call it a night.
When the majority of us were out of the tree house, I get Jameson's attention. I've never really done this, ya know, talking thing.
"Um, hey. I just wanted to say thanks, ya know, for, um, deleting the picture. I appreciate it." My cheeks are on fire and I'm afraid to look into his eyes.
"Oh, it was no problem really.
I wouldn't like it if that were me, and that got out. And I know how Brody can be so.. yeah, not an issue. "
He seems nervous too. Looking at the ground and rubbing the back of his neck.
"Well.... okay then. I guess I'll, see you later, Jameson."
I start off and he taps my shoulder.
"Um, you can just call me Jay. I mean it's whatever you want, but, um, everybody calls me Jay. So... yeah. Bye, Ducky."  He points finger guns at me. Jeez. Soon after that I walk away and I can audibly hear him thwack himself in the forehead and mutter to himself.  That really made me smile. I guess tonight was a win after all.
-
I run to catch up with Smithy. I decided to stay at her house tonight. As I was falling asleep, I pictured it in my head, and it felt as clear as day. Me and Jameson. Oh! No, excuse me. JAY. I like that. Jay.