Chapter 12: At Heartland

"Wow! I love this!", Hazel said as they were driving through the Heartland gate. "I love the mountains!", mom said. They drove down the Heartland driveway up to the ranch house. "Look at all the horses!", Hazel said. Someone came out of the house. "Hey guys!", Amy said. They got out Hazel's wheelchair, and talked to Amy. "We're so glad you're here! My sister Lou is in the house and my grandpa is around here somewhere", Amy said.
    Hazel noticed a ring on Amy's finger. "Are you married?", Hazel asked. "Yes! My husband Ty is in the barn with my little girl.", Amy said. "Oh, you have a little girl!", mom said. "Yeah, she was born a few months ago", Amy said. They went to the barn where Ty was checking out a horse. Jack was holding the baby. "Hey hun, this is Hazel. The girl from Montana. And these are her parents", Amy said.
     "Hey", Ty said. Hazel was sitting there thinking, wow he is hot. She wouldn't admit it, but he was. "What's wrong with the horse?", Hazel asked. "Just a check up", Ty said. "Hey you", Amy said while picking up the baby from Jack's arms. "What her name?", mom asked. "We actually don't have a name for her yet. We usually have a naming ceremony, but we're waiting for my dad to get back from the rodeo circuit", Amy said.
      "Oh, your dad is on the circuit?", dad asked. "Yeah, he does rodeos. He doesn't compete, but he runs rodeos", Amy said. "Cool", Hazel said looking around. "Well, do you want to see where you will be staying?", Amy asked. "Sure!", mom said. "Okay, I'll go get Lou so she can take you to the cabins", Amy said walking to the house. Lou came out. "Lou, this is Hazel and her family from Montana", Amy said. "Oh hi!", Lou said smiling. "I have a dude ranch with some cabins a few miles away, would you just like to follow me there?", Lou asked. "Yeah! We'll just follow you", dad said.
      They got in the truck and followed Lou to the cabins. "Alright, this is it", Lou said as she got out of her truck. "Wow! This is beautiful!", mom said. "Thanks! A lot of people love the scenery", Lou said. "This is the cabin you will be staying in", Lou said. They went in and looked around. "Everything you need is all here. And you can also order off our menu for breakfast. I bring it to you in the morning. Just give me a call if you need anything else!", Lou said. "Okay thanks!", said mom. Lou walked out and they got unpacked.
     It was already late and they were ready to go to bed. "Ok, I'm ready to hit the hay", dad said. They all went to bed. It was so peaceful out in the country. Hazel loved it. She couldn't wait until tomorrow.