Chapter 18- Megafest

Start from the beginning

After another fifteen minutes we make it into the arena and our purses are checked. Then our tickets are scanned and we are free to go get seats. Forgot to mention that instead of being on the floor because the floor tickets were sold out, Hailey got bowl tickets. But at least we are here and get to experience the concert.

The sound of a guitar riff sounds my ears as we walk into the bowl to see Wilson playing their set first. I have heard of them but never actually took a good listen, and they are pretty good from what I can tell. Hailey and I walk down the steps and take a seat, about two sets of seats filled from the stage.

I look across the arena and see only one security guard who isn't paying any attention to an opening and see two people slip out onto the floor. What the fuck. "Hailey! Did you just see that?" I ask, pointing to the opening where another set of people walk onto the floor, ac ting as if they were getting a drink at the stand, but once the security guard looks away, they walk into the crowd. Seriously?

"Let's go." Hailey grabs my hand and yanks me up the stairs and across the arena to the other seats in front of the opening. Just when we think it's clear and head onto the floor, we see a security guard start walking over to us. I point at the drink stands, acting like we are about to buy something but shake our heads and sit back down in our seats. Fuck.

"We were so damn close! Stupid fucking lady has to come and ruin our moment." I say as the women shakes her head, basically telling us that she will be watching us for now on. I look over at the other entrance just a few seats away from me to see yet another security guard there checking wrist bands for only floor access.

"I know. We will have another chance." I ignore Hailey once I see Northlane walk onto stage. Oh fuck yes. I take out my iPhone and start taking a video of my favorite song by them; Quantum Flux. After about fifteen minutes Northlane finishes up their set, and out comes Issues.

"Oh my god, there's Tyler Carter!" I say as he grabs his microphone and announces that their first song will be Stingray Affliction. I record almost all of their songs, getting annoyed because the pit looks fucking hardcore and fun.

"I think Attila is on next." I say with a grin. Hailey glares at me as if I said something wrong. "What?" I ask in annoyance.

"I think Fronz is an asshole is all." She says sounding serious. Hailey isn't very fond of Fronz, the lead singer for Attila, but she doesn't mind listening to them. "Can we please see if someone is leaving so we can pay them for their wrist bands?" Hailey asks while hold her hand out for me to take.

"Yeah, but hurry because I want to make it back in time to see the next band!" I say with a smile. On the way up I bump into a very good looking guy.

"Sorry." He says, grabbing my hips to make sure I don't fall and continues to make his way down the stairs. Woah, he has an Canadian accent. Even more attractive. Hailey seems to notice my blush and laughs at me. I just smile and follow her out into the hallway the bathroom is at.

We walk in and see a girl who has a wrist band on, fixing her hair next to her friend. "Hey, are you going back into the pit?" Hailey asks, wondering if she can get her and this girls friend to sell us their wrist bands.

"No, but I think my friend is." She says with a sigh while shaking her head.

"Oh, okay." Hailey and I sigh as we walk out of the bathroom and head back to our seats. When I walk in I hear the all too familiar ending of Attila's song Callout.

"Hey Westboro Baptists, fuck you too! Come and protest this dick, faggots!" Fronz says into the microphone as I scream it along with the rest of the crowd. The amount of energy I hear from everyone tells me that so far Attila has done a massive job of rocking out.