Chapter 13- Winter Break Part 1

Song: Punk Goes Christmas Album

Chapter 13- Winter Break Part 1

-Kellin's POV- (After Maria left his concert)

"Hey, dude! What did you write on that paper you gave her?" Jesse asks me as I walk to the tour bus. After giving her a hug, i can't shake the tingles i got touching her off my hands and body. But I like the feeling.

"My number." I hold my head with my hands, feeling a headache coming from taking a shot contest with Justin.

"Why? You just met her. And you barely know her, and plus she is just a fan that comes to our concerts." Jesse leans against the tour bus, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"But she isn't just a fan J. I feel like she is more than that. I don't know, I just feel like if I see and talk to her more it could be more than just a fan/celebrity type relationship. Oh God, what am I even saying." I lean against the tour bus, shaking my head at the thought.

"Dude, you are so falling for her." Jesse laughs at me.

"I can't be. I just met her only a few weeks ago." I whisper more to myself than Jesse. Reassurance maybe? I don't know what it is about that girl. Maria, but I want to know more about her.

- Maria's POV- (Present Time)

"Why did you have to hit her M? Now you are suspended for the rest of the week and then Friday is your birthday! Why couldn't you have told her to back off and then walk away?" My mom rants on about my little incident at school today. Honestly, I have been suspended before so I don't know why it is such a big deal.

"Mom, I was defending myself and Liam! If she wants to talk shit about my dead brother, obviously I am going to fucking defend him so don't try to tell me that I should have stopped what I did. He was my best friend and blood brother so don't tell me how to live my life! Just drop it!" I scream and stomp up the stairs, slamming my door shut.

I feel tears burn my eyes but I let them fall. What is the point of holding them in when my mom is being a bitch, only thinking of herself? My brother was the most important person in my life and he was taken from me so fast i couldn't even say goodbye. I cry harder when flashes come to my mind of how twisted the moment was when we were hit.

I walk into my bathroom and lock the door, strip and get in the shower. I feel a headache and slide down the side of the glass door and just cry.

Why do I have to lose the most important things in life, and after years still have a hard time accepting what is now gone? Why can't things just get better?

-Fast Forward to Birthday-

I wake up to the smell of Starbucks and breakfast. I smile realizing it's my birthday and that I probably have food and presents downstairs waiting for me. When I get up and walk downstairs into the kitchen I see Tay standing next to Starbucks with a  present in her hand.

"Oooo, what's this?" I take the present from here awfully fast.

"Your birthday present that your mom wanted me to give you. She had to go to work. But, I helped pay for this so I hope you're happy. Happy Birthday!" Tay grins at me. I smile and unwrap the present, seeing two Apple product boxes. I look at Tay with confusion.

I open one box and see a pink iPhone 5 C, and the other box has an iPad Air. "Holy shit Tay! I have to thank you because you are just such a great friend. I love you so fucking much." I hug her and set the prescious boxes down. I see Starbucks on the counter and grab the cup, taking a sip.