That is why Carpathian females are so cherished and protected. However if one half dies so does the other follow, or they will be cursed to live an half life.

When I felt him die I felt a part me perished forever. A part me was lost, when he left and I knew I had to follow soon but not until I got my baby girl out of here and to safety. I knew it would be the last thing I ever did before leaving this world.

I guess it made it easier that no one knew about my daughter, we wanted to keep it a secret until she was born, as there was a 75% chance she wouldn't make it, so just in case we wanted to keep it a secret. Besides, my soul mate was the Prince of our people, their ruler, and we had told the head healer, who was my soul mates closes friend, and he had delivered the baby, but now he was dead, and my best friend Susanna was dead, who was soul mate to the healer.

Thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. All I wanted to was curl up into a ball and sob, for all my hearts content, yet, I knew I didn't have much time so I sucked it all up inside of me. I had to be strong for my baby princess.

Ignoring the pain that surrounded my body from labour, I dragged myself up into a sitting position, sucking in huge breaths of air. I could and i would do this for her. Shouldering the pain like a long lost cousin, I allowed it to wash over me. I accepted it pain, as a means to hide the daughter no one knew about, and join my soul mate in the afterlife. Taking my time I shifted my body slowly, not wanting to pass out, until I had both feet gentle placed on the floor.

Preparing myself for anguish that was to come, I very carefully balanced my weight onto my feet. My legs felt insecure, and wobbly like jelly. I felt so weak, it was unbelievable. Using the walls of the cave (my home), I gentle shuffled along until I reached th door, on the far side of the room. Summoning all my might, i removed the protection guards, put in place to keep me safe. Afterwards I felt extremely light headed and weak. I placed my feet outside...

...I looked down and saw, a sight that I would forever carry with me into the other world. For so long had I and the other women been sheilded from this side of life. It was truely god-smacking! How could I have been so blind, for so long, and not realized what my soul mate and other Carpathians were facing out there?

The vampires had eyes of a bottomless pit, they were red souless eyes, with no mercy. I had grew up with the knowledge about them, but nothing could of prepared me for them in real life. They were true abominations, and to think this dark creature had once been and honorable Carpathian male was unbelievable. Their appearance was distort. Everything about them screamed evilness and unholy.

They were murdering without thought like blood lust black hearted creatures. They were just puppets to a master vampire, which is older and darker then these lot, I hope I never meet a master vampire in my time left on Earth. To think there are monster out there worst then these depraved monsters, was a fear I hope never to test.

A simple loving village, which was hours ago consumed by joyful humans, living life to the full in this small part of the world and Carpathian, celebrating every minute of there life was unreal. This village had now been turned into a vampire battle ground

Acid vampire blood line the paths and nature, burning into it, and destroying everything in its path. Any nature it touched was instantly burned away until no wildlife grow on that patch. Ir was completely hideous.

Corpse bodies lined the streets for all I could see. Piles of children corpses were stacked up, their bodies so battered and beaten, that you could no longer tel that they were bodies. Some eyes were wide open with terror, pleading for a miracle that would never come. I clenched Leia closer to me. The innocent blood that lined the streets was so intoxicating, that I wanted to fall to my knees and scream for all those lives that didn't deserve to be lost.