Prolog

Elizabeth's POV

958 years ago.....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

A shriek of pure Un-containable agony scored through the the house in the mountain. The pain was a tidal force not to be reckoned with. It was a living force in itself, and it refused to release its onslaught on the victim. The agony was indescribable and unimaginable. It was shaking the very life blood of my existence.

Everyone and everything seemed so long away, like nothing else existed. It was like I was in in my own time frame. Why did I have to go into labour during a battle?

My vision was blurred with tears. The birth chamber, was a mass of blurred colours. I couldn't see anything, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to. I certain there would be blood covering the chambers. I was sure that I didn't need to see that.

As another wave of agony rippled through my weakened form. Her stomach convulsed in one painful moment, and I clenched the handles for dear life. A scorching red flame seemed to past through me, refusing to let me rest. I thrashed out desperately trying to ease the pain, yet strong hands held me in place, whispering sweet nonsense.

As the pain subsided, suddenly, I realized that I had survived. Dragging my weak, whimpered arm up to by face, I wiped the beads of perspiration off my forehead. Then I rubbed my red hazed vision, and caught sight of my wonderful baby girl.

I burst out in tears of prolonged happiness. They say it takes something really special to cry with a smile on your face, and boy, were they right.

After being told that my little girl wouldn't make it, for so long, and yet, here she was, a beautiful light brown eyed baby girl, staring at me, with eyes beyond her years. The joy I felt and unconditionable love at this moment couldn't be compared to anything, other then when I gave birth to my other adorable children.

My best friend Susanna, handed me my gorgeous baby girl. As soon as I held her I knew her perfect name, "She will be called LEIA JANE JONES SAVAGE!"

She was perfect. She was my daughter, and she would alway be perfect, but god help her. She was going to have two very over protective brothers and very overbearing father. I even felt a little sorry for her, I will have to give her some very motherly advice on how to sneak out, to be free, without getting caught by them three. What are mothers for, if it isn't for helping your daughter live life to the full, then what is it for?

The people in the room existed to give me a chance alone with my child, and they also went to fight with the enemy, or join the safety chamber in the Earth if they were female. I was grateful for their consideration.

Suddenly, a heart renching pain filled my heart, and swallowed me up whole. I felt the death of my soul mate. "Save Our daughter" his voice whispered into my mind, before the link was cut. I felt him drag in his last breath of air, before being dragged into the abyss.

I knew I was going to join him, I couldn't face life without him and that was for sure. His was the very air I breathed, my very life support.

An black hole was trying to swallowing me up in whole. I struggled against it, I would honor his last wish.

When a male of the Carpathian race is born, they are born with darkness. As they grow into adulthood, they loose their ability to feel and see in colour. They only have their memories of times of emotions and those around them, and their sense of honor to keep them on a victorious path. However after time, a craving hunger builds, and if they give into that side of themselves, they become the blood thirst monster, that every Carpathian hates. They become a vampire. However every Carpathian has a soul mate out there. This soul mate is the other half of their soul, and will enable them to feel emotions and see in colour once more. If they do not find this person and loose hope they have only two options, end their existence to the dawn or become the monster. There is only one soul mate for that male, in the whole of the world.