"I've missed you. Where the fuck have you been?" Mason finally let him go and Devon turned around to face his best friend.
"You've missed me?" Devon frowned, causing Mason to roll his eyes.

"Of course I missed you, you bloody idiot!" The blonde turned around to walk back into his penthouse. Devon followed him, happy it didn't go as bad as he thought. But once he stepped inside, he realized he had talked too soon.

Because the second he closed the door behind him, he felt pain erupt in his jaw as he stumbled backwards against the door. Devon groaned before cupping his aching face.
"God damn it." He hissed before glaring up at Mason.

"You deserved it. And if you're asking why I didn't punch you outside, security cameras." Mason growled before walking into the kitchen. Of course, Devon should've known. He sighed before leaning against the door for support. His friend got a damn good punch, he'd give that to him.

"Here, take that." Mason handed him a package of frozen peas and a glass of whiskey. Devon took both with gratitude before gulping the whiskey down in one go and gently pressing the peas against his already swelling jaw.

"I think you dislocated my jaw." He murmured as he followed Mason inside the living room. They sat down on the black leather couch as Mason chuckled.

"What took you so long, man?" His friend asked him as if he didn't just punch him.
"I don't know. I was afraid you'd be mad." Devon shrugged.
"Well, I'm not."

"Yeah. You hit me for fun then?" Devon growled before hissing in pain again.
"No, because I was disappointed and I thought you should know. I called you and your mom. Only the latter ever picked up, you prick." Mason snapped.

"Should've asked her for my new number then, you bastard. I lost my phone at the club that night. Got a new one." He told Mason, who was already fishing out his phone before handing it to Devon. He put his new number in and then gave it back to Mason.

"God damn it, I really missed you. Tell me how was your month of recovery?" Mason asked, taking a sip of his whiskey.
"Month." Devon snorted.
"It was rather short-lived, let's say that." He told him.

"Well, do you feel more relaxed?" Mason wanted to know and Devon had to think about that question a lot. Ester's face immediately appeared in his thoughts but he didn't exactly know what that meant.

"Hell, I don't know. I'm confused." Devon finally said.
"Confused? With that dance partner of yours, huh?" Mason already knew what was going on in his best friend's life. Martha was keeping him up to date every day.

"How the f- mom." Devon shook his head in disbelief.
"Yes, bless your mother for being the amazing person that she is." Mason nodded and Devon rolled his eyes.

"So, what's confusing you?" Mason continued.
"Really? I haven't seen you in almost two months and you wanna talk about Ester?" Devon asked with a frown.
"That's the reason why you're here, isn't it?" Mason shrugged.

"Oh stop trying to read me like Sherlock Holmes, you fucker. I'm here because I missed you too." He rolled his eyes.
"Should we- you know. Make out now?" Mason joked and they both erupted in laughter. He missed this douche.

"But honestly, Devon. What is it that confuses you about her?" He wasn't letting it go.
"Because Martha told me you like her, but she's showing you the cold shoulder." Devon rolled his eyes again. His mother could really not keep a secret.

"Just tell me. You know Romeo can fix it." Mason winked and Devon groaned in embarrassment of knowing him.
"Stop referring to yourself as Romeo. Especially in third person." He snapped.

"Haters." Mason muttered.
"Well, she's confusing. We had an argument last time we saw each other. And she basically told me we can't ever date because of Sierra." Devon started.

"And I can't even be upset with her because she's just being a good fucking friend and respecting Sierra's wishes." He finished as he messed up his hair. Mason observed his friend's state and realized this was the first time Devon got frustrated because he couldn't get a woman.

"Why don't you let her be then? Why don't you respect Sierra's wishes?" Mason wanted to know. That was something not even Martha could tell him and he was genuinely curious.
"Because I can't stop thinking about her. And Sierra thinks I'll just play with her and then get tired of her. But I know I won't with Ester. It's different." Devon told him.

"So you like- really like her? Hands down, you'd consider her as a wife?" Devon's eyes widened at that.
"Wife? Hold on, what's wrong with just being my girlfriend?" Devon asked perplexed.

"Dude, if you can't think of her as a wife, don't think of her at all." Mason shook his head.
"She's twenty, Mason. We still have time to marry." Devon reminded him.
"She's twenty, but you're eight years older. You should consider settling down soon." Mason shrugged.

"What the fuck? You're a year older than me and don't have a wife yet either." Devon defended.
"But this is not about me, is it?" Mason smirked.
"Fuck off." Devon hit his shoulder.

"All jokes aside though. You should start showing her what she's missing out on." Mason started. Devon was all ears, noticing that his friend was being completely serious.

"Step by step. Start surprising her. Maybe send her flowers with a cute card." Mason recommended and Devon frowned.
"Flowers? And a card?" That was so not his style.

"I know that face. But you don't have much choice. You want her? You gotta be patient and romantic." Mason told him.
"But that's so simple. Can't I send her like a coffee machine?" He asked.

"A coffee machine? Bloody hell, Devon. You're an idiot. If you send her something expensive, she'll think you're showing off. Don't do that. Never. Especially with a girl like Ester." Mason said and Devon silently nodded at the piece of advice.

"So flowers and a card. No chocolate or anything?" Devon asked.
"Nope, just the flowers. Roses are always safe. Ladies love red roses." Devon nodded at that.

"But before that, start complimenting her. At dinner on Friday for example." Devon didn't even have to ask in order to know where he got that information from.

"And whatever you do, don't pressure her. Be patient." Mason emphasized, making him nod again. Patience, he got it.
"Call me right after the dinner and tell me how it went." Mason demanded and Devon nodded.

"Why don't you just come?" Devon asked him hopefully.
"Your mom asked me too, but I declined already. Didn't think you'd come visit me today." Mason shrugged.
"Call her and tell her you're coming. Your sitting next to Sierra." Devon said before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Mason asked his friend when he turned to walk towards the door.
"I'm going home to make up a plan. Thanks for the peas." Devon yelled over his shoulder before throwing the peas on the couch and walking out.

"And Devon!" Mason's voice stopped him.
"I'm really glad you're back." That made Devon turn around with a genuine smile.
"Are you getting all sentimental now?" He joked before turning to leave again.

"And go get her, tiger!" Laughter followed Mason's encouraging words. What a douche, Devon shook his head in amusement.

But that douche was his best friend.