01 // wilderness

Start bij het begin

I suddenly blinked slightly, noticing after a while that the whole book was different than it was before. I was confused and slightly wary of why this was happening. I shook my head yet again before I shut the book, shoving it back under my pillow and finishing up my snacks. A bright light from my window suddenly made my room less gloomy, and I looked outside to see that it was a beautiful day to go walking and exploring. It was perfect since I needed to burn of all the junk food I just ate, and it also gave me the chance to get away from my family. I groaned as I got off my bed, my stomach slightly hurting by how much I ate. I sighed and grabbed the current book in my hand and the first and third book of the same series before shoving it into my black backpack. I then shoved a long red hoodie and my extra bandanna, which was red, inside of it. I placed some wrapping bandages and a few other first aid items inside just in case of an emergency. I then stuff my favorite torn black jeans, iPhone, and earbuds inside with everything else. I decided to bring some black flats and black army boots inside just in case. I then looked at everything, and kinda chuckled with a confused expression, wondering what drove me pack all these unnecessary things in my bag.

I shrugged it off, like usual, placing a small black dagger with a ruby in the middle of its hilt in your back pocket of my pants that I was currently wearing. A friend of mine gave it to me before they moved away, saying that they wanted me to stay alive until we were able to see each other again. I missed my friend, knowing that if she was still living here, I would have told her about my secret without hesitation. And knowing them, they would have supported and helped me instead of reacting harshly. I smiled before thinking if I needed to pack anything else. I then came to the conclusion that I was ready, and I slung my backpack on my back before I started walking out. Almost everything seemed red or pink since the bandanna made everything different, which gave off an affectioning glow to it. I quickly walked downstairs, not bothering to be quiet. Then I speed walked towards the front door, opening it, and getting blasted by refreshing and comforting wind. I stepped outside, closing and locking the door behind me before walking out towards the side walk. I debated whether or not to stick to the town or wander in the woods and flower plains for a bit. I rolled your eyes under your bandana, obviously knowing what I was going to choose and walking left.

I honestly wondered why I packed the clothes and shoes, but yet I didn't pack a shirt? I sighed loudly, wanting to complain to someone but knew that the only person who ever putted up with my annoying complaining was my awesome friend that sadly lives far, far away now. I kicked a stray rock and watched as it flew a few inches in front of me. I kept on kicking it for a while, seemingly trying to keep myself from becoming too bored. The sun shined brightly on my face, blinding and annoying me for a few second despite the bandanna, until I was spared by a cloud covering its death rays. The long black hoodie, black jeans, and light grey, almost white, shirt that I was currently wearing were not helping to keep me cool, and I had to stop walking to place my backpack on the floor to wrap the long hoodie around my waist.

I felt something in the pocket of the hoodie and decided to reach inside to grab it and see what it was. I hissed in pain as something sharp collided with my fingers, making me retract my hand and inspect it for any serious injuries. The blood was already starting to clot, which was a good sign, so I left it alone to deal with it, and my main mental injury, later. I went back to grab the mysterious item in my pocket, learning my lesson and being more careful this time. I was able to grab it with my two fingers, feeling it's cold surface rub against them. Slowly, I pulled it out to find a larger fighting knife than the one I had in my pant pocket. I lifted my brow in curiosity, wondering where it came from or if I was the one to place it there. I inspected it, noticing it had a dark purple tinted blade with a slightly darker purple color as it's hilt. I shrugged slightly, placing it with my smaller pocket knife. Though it stuck out of my pant pocket since it was the size of half of my arm.