Chapter Two.

Chapter Two:
"Whom are you getting married this time? Not yourself I hope."    

______________________________________               

Lilly's Point Of View.

"Mr ambrose? Mr Ambrose? Sir? It's already 8. You can't keep me beyond eight everyday and not increase my wages. Mr Ambrose! Open this bloody door before I break it down."

I bang on this infernal thing called a door which separates me from fighting for my freedom at the end of the day. That son of a bachelor has been working me for hours, even after my official timings, all this week and has been demanding for more and more boxes everyday. That stone hearted hardworking donkey. I won't be surprised if he makes me work for four whole days without any substantial nourishment or sleep.

He has been more unresponsive than usual and my back has been killing me for carrying all those heavy boxes to and fro from the safe. I was determined to be paid extra for all the hours I have done overtime this week and not even this door could stop me.

First of all he would be doing you a great favour to you by giving you full pay upon that you expect that bloody chauvinistic miser for extra pay!! Not happening

Shut it! I know very well what to do. If I don't end up with an extra pay today I will I will kiss.. 

No kill him. Yes. Right. I will kill him.

After a lot of banging he finally opened the door. 

"What do you want Mr Linton?" he asks in that cold voice of his.

"I want to be paid for all the extra hours I have put in this week."

"I do pay you Mr Linton and it's not due for another three weeks and two days."

Blast him and his deadly precision! 

"Sir, would you care to inform me the minutes and seconds left as well?" I say with my voice dripping of sarcasm 

He opens his pocket watch which he keeps in the breast pocket of his 10 year old mint condition tailcoat. 

"48 minutes and 23.52 seconds. " he says curtly. 

"I bloody want you to give me more money along with my monthly salary this month for working overtime." I say unable to put a lid on my temper. 

"Respect Mr Linton "

"I bloody want you to give me more money along with my monthly salary this month for working overtime Sir"

"I will do no such thing."

"But I worked overtime!"

"So did I. Mr Linton stop wasting my time. If you want to keep your job never make any such ridiculous demands to me again."

"You son of a bachelor! You blithering idiot! You  fopdoodle! u chauvinistic miser who has his purse high up his arse! "

"Language. Mr Linton. And you won't be getting even a single penny more than your salary from me. And that's final."

And with that he shut the door on my face and stomped off. Its strange but he didn't seem to be as interested in scolding me as he usually was and he didn't let me enter his office Again.

I carried around boxes multiple times through the following days and made several attempts at entering his office but he was determined too and took the boxes at the door. I couldn't even see his office!

At the end of the second week of me working overtime, instead of knocking on his door I barged in and was surprised to find his usually spotless office in a disarray. There were files and boxes everywhere and I couldn't even see his desk anymore.