Chapter 8

"Thank you for joining us late guys, do you all have a reason why your all late to class?" Mr Davis asked us as we all walked in the class.

"We---uh, well we stayed out of town last night so we didn't set our alarms for earlier as it's an hour drive" Blake managed to say.
"We're really sorry" I added.

"Well your an hour late so you will all have to stay back an hour after school" he said.
"What? With who? You?" Delilah pointed.

"Exactly, I know I'm not your favourite person, however there are consequences for your actions" he explained.

The day went by in a fast blur which was good except for the detention part.

As we all sat in detention I got a text from Blake. Luckily I had my phone on silent so Mr Davis didn't notice.

Babe we need to talk - Blake

Wats wrong ? - Brooke

I got a phone call earlier from my uncle who's living in Chicago, he said he needs me to come stay with him for a while to help out in his fishing shop, I can't say no to him as his helped me out a lot in the past so I owe him this favour, it's only for 2 weeks I'm sorry baby. I really am. - Blake.

That's ok Blake, it's only two weeks, I'm going to miss you tho :( - Brooke.

He looked at me and mouthed 'I'll miss you too'.

Later after we got released from detention I walked towards Blake's car as I saw him leaning on it.

"Babe if you have to go help out your family it's ok, I understand" I explained.
"I know babe, it's just bad timing right now, I'm in the middle of starting a relationship with you, I can't afford to put that on hold for two weeks" he said.

"It's ok, trust me it'll be ok" I smiled and hugged him tight.

The day when Blake was leaving was today. We were at the train station. We still had 10 minutes before saying our goodbyes.
I have to say that 10 minutes was the best time of my life.
"Brookelyn Pierce, before I board on the train I have to ask you something" he swallowed hard before continuing.

"I know this isn't the best of times to do this but, I need to know that before I go you'll be mine, I don't want to leave today then hear that some douche bag got lucky and stole you away from me, I'll chop his dick off I swear, so what I'm trying to say is, I love you Brookelyn and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, making you happy, you mean more to me than life it's self, I don't know how you did this to me but you did, which makes me more incredibly attracted to you, so I just need to ask you right here and now.....will you marry me Brooke?" He asked as he got down on one knee and held out a box and opened it to reveal the most beautiful breath-taking ring.

"Oh my god, Blake, it's beautiful" I said stunned and happy at the same time.

"I love you so much Blake and yes I want to marry you" I answered and threw my self into his arms and he carried me instantly and spun me round several times. I had my legs wrapped around his waist as he pulled me in for a kiss.

"Train to Chicago departures in 3
minutes" the lady on the speaker announced.

"Time to go babe" he said as he pulled me down.

"Okay" I said.

"I can't wait till I come back so we can be together properly, but until then" he kissed my forehead and continued "be safe and take care of our friends" he smiled and hugged me one more time. I didn't want to let go of him, of this moment. I felt my stomach knot inside my stomach, I don't know if it's because he's leaving and I'm sad, it because I'm happy that when he comes back were going to be together.