Chapter 4

Teagan stands right in front of the stage cheering on the band all through the show. Every song, she catches Niall’s eyes on her at least once. At one time, during his guitar solo, Niall winks at her and she can swear her heart is about to beat out of her chest. But she knows it has to end eventually and as the band sings the last notes of “What Makes You Beautiful” the slowing strains of music bring with them a sense of finality. Teagan can feel the dread settle into her bones. The boys, still waving and blowing kisses to the tons of screaming fans, start walking off the stage and Teagan’s heart drops.

She watches Niall as he pulls his guitar strap over his head and places the instrument gently into its stand waiting for him to follow the others. To her surprise, he doesn’t. Instead, he walks to the edge of the stage and bending, holds out a hand to her.

“Up for a bit more excitement? Or have you had enough of me?”

Teagan smiles taking Niall’s hand and allowing him to pull her on stage so that he can lead her back behind the set and to the room the rest of the boys are hanging out in.

Once inside, Niall leads Teagan to a sofa and excuses himself to get the both of them a drink.

“So,” Harry says. “Teagan, right?”

She nods biting her lip.

“Niall seems to think your pretty special,” He says before leaning forward like he’s about to share a secret. “I’m pretty sure he’s going to ask for your number.”

Teagan laughs. “I hope so.”

Harry lets his dimples shine at her. “So, you like him, too?”

“Honestly? He had me at ‘Jam with me’.”