Only One Call Away - Part 3

Start from the beginning

Chop practically skipped out of the room holding a well decorated gift.

"What did he buy her?" Rae knew Izzy didn't have a say in what gifts where brought in the Peter's household.

"That Justin beaver movie I think."

"You mean Bieber" Jacob chuckled passing a ice cold beer to Finn.

"No bloody way!"

It was bad enough that, that pretty boy had possessed Sophia's mind. She had already lost ownership of her precious stereo system, she was not loosing the television too.

"Stupid. Fucking. Chop" Rae hissed under her breath. Her plan to take Chop out before he had the chance to give her that stupid DVD was in motion. 

"Come on Izzy. Chloe and Archie are already here, and I need to go kill your husband."

Izzys eyes lit up with mischief as she followed her friend towards the backyard.

Finn stood glaring at his 12 year old nephew who was clutching his stomach in glee. The scene that had just played out in front him was just too hysterical. Finn kept eyeing Jacob wearily whilst taking long calculated sips of beer. This kid was always more then the eye can see.

"This was your doing wasn't it?"

"Huh? What you mean?" Jacob asked shocked.

"You showed your father the DVD didn't you."

Just like that, Jacob was caught Red-handed. Finn knew Chop like the back of his hand, and he never understood music trends. Usually he kept to buying loud, annoying gifts. Like the fucking recorder he got Amelia for her second birthday. That had been around for a few weeks until there was an accident with the vacuum cleaner. Rae said it was an innocent mistake, but he knew how truly cunning his Wife was.

"Your smart little prick aren't you" Finn smiled, rubbing Jacob's head. "Keep away from my daughters."

The front door swung open again with another intruder. He could recognize his dad's voice from anywhere. And by the sounds of it, he wasn't happy about something.

"Come on Julie, you've already got enough food to feed an army. Just forget the bloody hummus. Lily probably already brang some" Gary huffed.

He unsteadily made his was to the kitchen bench. One arm was full of food platters piled high, and the other clutched the sweet Lager Finn had desperately asked for. Julie followed with some more food and a large pink box that Finn assumed was Sophie's present.

"Julie you've out done yourself thank you" Finn pecked his father's Wife on the cheek and proceeded to help with the food. She had been apart of Finns life for the past 17 years, first just as his father's 'friend' then fiance, now for the past 15 years wife. They never had more children, Julie was never fussed on having a child of her own and Gary was glad. Finn had been enough for him.

"Don't encourage her son, no way am I going through that just for a birthday party again. 'Gary do that', 'Gary your not cooking the eggs right', 'Gary get out of the kitchen', 'Gary I wish you would help more'." His father complained, mimicking his wife's voice.

Julie smacked her husband across the back of his head throwing a scowl his way, if looks could kill he would be 6 feet under.

"Oh my word, look at all this food. Oh Julie you've truly out done yourself" Lily's Irish accent kissed their ears as she floated into the kitchen. Her slender arms wrapped them self around Julie in a meaningful hug, then she turned to Gary. Her smile still prominent when he was next to be pulled into a hug.

It had been over 3 years since that phone call was made, and lives changed. Finn forgave his mother, but it was still something he would never forget - how could he? He had met Lily's husband David a few days after their 'meeting', then his brothers Logan, Bradley, Sam and Nathaniel after that.

When he had told his father what had happened, Gary had taken a few days off work and drove straight to London from Stamford. Rocking up at Finn's house late that night, just to hold his son.

Of course Gary was hesitant about the reconnection Finn was currently going through with Lily, not for selfish reasons but for the fact he was scared she would up and leave again. He didn't want to see his son go through that again, but not once did he tell his son his fears. When Finn was totally comfortable with his mother, and new family he thought it was about time Gary and Lily sat down for a well deserved chat.

It was awkward at first, the former lovers and their new partners sitting around a table talking about what happened 30 years ago.

Lily had begged for Gary's forgiveness and thanked him profusely for everything that he had done to provide Finn with the best life possible. Gary had accepted her apology hesitantly at first.

What Finn never knew was on that very same day Gary pulled Lily aside and pleaded for her not to break his son's heart again, and so far she kept her promise.

From that day forward the two family's merged and life... Well life was now complete.

"Lily, pleasure to see you again. Where's David?" Gary took an instant liking to the man in question.

"He's outside helping Bradley set up the trampoline. He looks like he needs a hand though" lily hinted.

The smile grew on Finn's face as he watched his father scurry outside with a beer in hand to help David and Bradley.

"DAADDDYYYY"

Finn was brought from his thoughts when he heard the squeal. His daughter Amelia came charging towards him, laughing hysterically. Sam not far behind, as he chanted 'fee fi fo fum'.

He took Amelia into his arms. Holding her close to his chest, secretly protecting her from the tickle monster she calls uncle Sammy.

"Daddys here to save you princess" he cooed.

"Uncle Sammy wants to tickle me daddy. He naughty" she grinned. Swatting Sam's hands away as he advanced on her.

"You asked for it sunshine. I told you this would happen if you steal my food again" Sam laughed. He had a soft spot for his smallest niece. She reminded him so much of Nate at that age.

"Finn, can you help me?" Rae called from the bedroom. He wondered when Rae had trekked back inside.

Looking into the room he smiled broadly at the scene. His young son in the arms of his beautiful wife as she fed the growing boy.

"Yes m'dear".

"Can you please get me a change of clothes and a nappy please. I'm just going to keep him up now and hopefully he will sleep through the night again".

"Of course" Finn proceeded to follow Rae's instruction. Laying out the clothes and nappy on the change table.

He walked over to his wife; who say in the rocking chair in the corner of Wyatt's room.

Finn kissed her lips softly and taking her by surprise. pulling back to look into her brown orbs.

"I love you".

"I love you too".

The end.