The Date - Part 2

Story #7

This is the second and final part of chance meeting.

Can be read as a stand alone.

--

Seven o'clock was nearing; the anticipation of the date was driving Rae crazy.

It had been over two years since she last dated, mind you he was a curly haired git who only got a kick out of telling Rae she could do no better. She had dated Liam just over 4 months before kicking him to the curb, having finally had enough of his poor attempts to knock her down a brick or two.

She had come a long way since her college days, the bullying, and the running away from her problems. Sure, she still had some insecurities from time to time about the way she looks, but so does any 22 year old women living in London.

Before leaving the club Finn had passed her his phone asking if he could get her number promising to message her in the morning with a time and a place to meet. Rae had awoken that morning to a message that was sent just past 7am in the morning.

Unknown: hiya Rae it’s Finn here. Just messaging you about our date tonight, how does 7pm sound? Message me when you wake up ;) x

She had turned in bed to Squint at the alarm clock next to her to read that it was now going on 10am. She frantically started typing, feeling bad about having replied so late.

Rae: sorry! Just woke up! 7pm sounds great. Where would you like to meet? :) x

She sighed, hitting the send button she nuzzled more into her pillow. Not even caring that she let her phone drop off the side of the bed.

Her eyes fluttering closed as the smile grew on her face; her thoughts went back to the night that she had just spent with him. Their amazing banter, his shy looks every time she smiled. Everything about last night seemed too good to be true, that if she pinched herself she would realise it was all a dream. In reality, this was all happening to her, the chubby, tall lass with a personality of a clown. Her phone pinged and her sleepy eyes opened at lightning speed, she grabbed her phone off yhe floor and clicked on the unopened message.

Finn: Great! How about a quiet little bar on the outskirts of London? I’ll pick you up from your place if you send me your address. Can’t wait :) x

She waited a few minutes before replying with her address and a wink face, not wanting to sound as eager as she was.

There messages flowed back and forth throughout the day, keeping the conversation light. She learnt little bit about what he does during the day when he isn’t on set, which isn’t very often. She was rejoiced to learn that he would much rather spend his time in dainty little record shops then posh bars, music was his second love after his acting of course.

Rae was now standing in front of her open wardrobe assessing her miserable excuse of clothing. 80 per cent was filled witg raggedy old band tee’s that she so desperately loved and could never- (no matter how much Chloe nagged her) part with.

Rae looked through the small collection if dresses she had whilst clicking her tongue against the top of her mouth. She huffed when she realised that she had spent 10 minutes appraising her four dresses when she never planned on wearing any of them, she was just going to a pub after all.