17 | use, emmet cullen (2)

Start from the beginning

Inhaling a sharp breath, you looked at your mother.  ❝ Did you know why he broke things off with you? ❞

❝ They said he found someone, her name is Esmé. She looks amazing, she lack flaws if you look at her from a distance. She was too pretty, they look so great– But I had to move on then, maybe it was just a silly relationship afterall. ❞ She heaved out, as if the weight of the world was once on her shoulders and then was suddenly lifted. You clenched your jaw, maybe the Cullens weren't sweethearts withal.

❝ They're a plethora of douche bags, I'm glad we're not with any of them now– mom.❞ You  stated, trying to clear the air of suffering as you smiled bitterly. Memories of him flashed right in your mind like a movie, it was too hard not to get your eyes wet. Oh how you wanted things to end in a good way, maybe this is just the start of a new journey.

From your peripheral, you can see her head turn your way.  ❝ Do you still love him, [ name ]? ❞

Snapping your gaze to your mother, you had a horrified look on your face. Though with the pain that's coming from your eyes, she already had her answer as you deliberated. ❝ Mom? Why are you questioning me this? ❞

❝ Do you? ❞

Taking a breath, you bit your lip. Do you still like him? Is it really worth it if you still do? He's not worth anything if he's done so much trouble, one trouble that had led you to decide that he's a complete jerk. An asshole, to start with. But that's just one decision, one judgment that doesn't even answer if you still like him.

❝ It hurts mom, it still does. ❞ You choked out, shutting your eyes in hopes of letting the tears go back to where it should belong. But of course it's supposed to betray you as you're suddenly sobbing, seconds later you felt the reassuring hug of your mother– making you cry more. And probably more of a mess.

Hushing you, she placed a kiss on your forehead.  ❝ Honey, I know life's unfair. It always will be, if someone says that it isn't then they must be really lucky– huh? Life seem to frown upon us the most though, they never really want us to be with the Cullens. .  ❞

You could only croak out a sob, not minding how the mascara you might have put on earlier might be streaming now along with the tears that left your eyes. It doesn't matter anymore now does it? You're a mess, but so did the man you loved. Alice wouldn't have came over from Forks to Asmara if he wasn't suffering that bad. Alice knew things would go downhill if you aren't there for him.

Alice knew, because she can see it, right in the future.

Your mother smiled, ❝ Take a chance, [ name ]. Because maybe this time then, life will smile. ❞

 ❞