17 | use, emmet cullen (2)

Start from the beginning

❝ Would it hurt if I say. . I loved a Cullen once? ❞

Your eyes snapped from the garden of your lawn then to your mother who is calmly sitting on one of the expensive couches you swore your mother had bought. Eyebrows furrowed, you looked at her in disbelief.  ❝ What? ❞

She looked back at you with a grim smile,  ❝ They're amazing looking, aren't they— sweetie? ❞

Choking an agreement, you looked away and stared at what was ahead of you. Disbelief pressing at every side of your brain as you try to process your mother's sudden news, it felt like a brick just toppled right on your head and now you're way too numb to even ask for her to continue talking and share what happened.

❝ His blonde hair, golden eyes and innocent smile. There was no questioning why I fell in love with him, his voice was laced with honey– the sweetest thing you'll ever hear. Every morning when I wake up and find him looking at me, I felt like I was surreal. I felt like I was a goddess. ❞ Your mother blurted, not bothering to smile too much when she said so. It was as if it's just a distant memory to replay on her mind— not one drip of such romantic feeling was for him. It was obviously reserved for who she loves now.

You started to think of who among them did she love, there are at least two blonde men in the Cullen Family if we do include the foster children. Jasper and Carlisle, you thought, but then Jasper would have been a teenager or even a kid when Carlisle fell in love with your mother— so you chose for the latter. Though completely void of the idea who they really were.

❝ Carlisle. ❞ You stated, looking at your mother's way to see her shoulders tense yet she smiled. She smiled as if she remembered an old friend,

She nodded,  ❝ He was an amazing student in the University, intelligence that can never be surpassed. It was a no–wonder as to why he graduated with Summa Cum Laude and Valedictory, it was something I, am even proud of. Afterall I was his girlfriend, whatever that makes him happy– makes me happy. ❞

❝ But what happened? ❞ You asked, eyeing her curiously.

❝ That's the thing, [ name ], honey. Because I don't know what happened. ❞ She said, this made you more confused. She stood up from the couch and went for the balcony stairs, you followed suit as the two of you bonded over such melancholic story of yesterday. Well, that is her yesterday. But you were pretty sure that the topic in hand will connect with the Cullen you are currently not in favor of seeing anytime soon.

Exhaling the cold air, you questioned. ❝ What do you mean, you don't know? ❞

Your mother sat on the thick rim of your garden's fountain, in the center of it was the statue of the goddess– Aphrodite. And then below her, who was fashioned with a bow was the god– Eros. The two clearly signified ❛ love ❜ and from the talk that your mother and you will be having— you already know that it's going to be deeper than what love is.

❝ One day, he came at my house crying. Saying he will never forget me, and that he cherished me for I was the only one who was there for him when he was nothing. And he said that whatever happened between the two of us, was something not to be kept— but to be told.

He wasn't prideful, but he was sure that his heart swells with pride whenever he mentions our relatinship to another. He knew we were close to perfect, sure there were those close calls that I almost broke it off with him but nevertheless, we were like Emily Blunt and John Krasinski. But when the last tear fell from his eyes, he kissed me one last time before he fled. Off to somewhere, I never know where. ❞