Chapter 13

"Liberty, I know you're upset, but just take a deep breath." Ponch suggested. She looked up at him then sighed. "I'm sorry, Ponch. I just... don't want Felicity to go through the same thing I did." she sighed. "I know you don't. But getting angry isn't going to make things any better!" he stated gently. "He could've killed Michael. And he got away with it." she growled. Ponch took her head in his hands. "Listen, you know better than I do, not to focous on revenge! It won't make you any better than he is!" he told her. She looked into his brown eyes and slowly calmed herself down again. She seemed to get lost in moments like that. And she enjoyed every minute of it. Since the day they got married, it seemed as if Ponch was the only one that could comfort her. After a short moment, Liberty's mind snapped back to reality. "Are you alright?" he asked, slightly concerned. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine. Just... lost in thought, I guess." she nodded. Ponch just smiled and kissed her forehead. Liberty blushed a bit, then walked back over to her bike, strapping her helmet securely on her head.

Felicity stared out the window, watching the passing cars and houses. She allowed her mind wander, her mind occasionally remembering her life back in Sacramento. Her conscious constantly reminding her of what had happened. She felt torn between her memories and reality. The memories returned time and time again, as if they wanted to be found again. "We weren't meant to come back." Felicity muttered. "What?" Bonnie replied, her voice peaking in curiosity. "We weren't supposed to come back." she repeated louder this time. "What do you mean by that, Fel?" KITT asked. "Nothing like this ever happened back in Sacramento. But when we come here, and it's all a living h€ll!" Felicity exclaimed. Bonnie's eyes widened. "Where on earth did you learn to talk like that?!" she interrogated. Felicity shrugged. "I... I don't know. That kinda just slipped out. I'm sorry." she sighed apologetically. Bonnie smiled kindly and rubbed Felicity's back with her free hand. "That's alright." she replied. Felicity looked over at her with a smile before turning her attention to the window again. She traced the white line along the road. She could not rid the memory from her mind. Felicity knew she was safe now, but in the back of her mind, the incident manifested itself into a terrifying nightmare. Once they arrived back at the Foundation, Felicity stayed in the garage with KITT. "Are you sure you're okay, Felicity?" he asked. She nodded. There was something about KITT's voice that calmed her. It was gentle and reassuring.

The CHP officers drove back to Central. The ride was a bit quieter than it normally was. Ponch and Liberty were quiet and kept to themselves. Once they pulled into the parking lot, Liberty drove into her parking space and cut the engine. She sat there for a moment, almost perfectly still. Ponch got off his bike, then walked over to her, then rubbed her back gently. "Alright, I give. Something else is bothering you, babe. What's wrong?" he sighed. Liberty unfastened her helmet and took it off. "I'm fine, Ponch." she stated. Ponch looked at her worryingly. He could tell something was wrong just by how quiet she was. "Liberty..." he said, looking at her skeptically. She looked up at him as she took a deep breath. "I'm just... really worried about Felicity. I know what it's like to be taken like that. And not to mention that she is only ten years old!" she exclaimed as she stood up. "But it's over now. She is in the hospital now, where nobody can hurt her." Ponch said, trying his best to help. "I don't mean that!" Liberty growled. "We never told her about KARR or Garthe! What if they told her about Devon?! She is going to believe their story over ours!" she ranted. Grossie, now detective Grossman, walked over to them. "What's with all the yelling?" he asked politely. "It's nothing, Grossie. I'm just... not having the best day." Liberty replied under her breath. He looked at her sadly. "Maybe you just need a hot cup of coffee?" he suggested. Liberty looked between Ponch and Grossie, then just walked into Central without saying a word. "Is it that bad?" he asked Ponch. Ponch unstrapped his helmet. "Grossie, buddy, you need you to do me a favor." he pleaded as he walked slowly towards the back door. Grossman looked over at him curiously.