Chapter Five

Isla's POV

It took about 20 minutes to walk to Raf's flat from the hospital where we worked. My brother would be picking me up later. This was a regular occurrence. I haven't bothered to learn to drive as I lived in London and public transport is just the easiest option. As I am his younger and now only sibling my brother Adam would always insist on picking me up when I was doing a late shift. 

Adam is about 12 years older then me and was actually born in America. We have different mums, or Moms as he would say. When his mum and our dad split up, he stayed with our dad who then decided to move to the UK. All this happened when Adam was 10. He still goes over to visit his mum from time to time.

Back to our family, when I was 13 years old we lost our brother Richard in a car accident. He was 25 and the oldest out for 4 of us kids. Then when I was 16, our brother Cory died of a drug overdose. He was 20. He and Adam were close. Well saying that Adam had been close with all of us, so have I really. It was really Richard and Cory who weren't that close. Just shows you should cherish every moment you have on this earth. 

Anyway that is why, Adam is a little over protective. Also the reason that until anything actually happens, I will not be telling him that I now have an online dating profile. 

As soon as we entered the flat Raf was nagging me to check my profile and emails. I swear this man is like a child. I did as he said anyway and decided to open my emails first. I saw that an account under the name AstroAshton1994 had sent me an email.

'Anything.' Raf asked from the kitchen, where he was making some tea.

'No.' I lied.

It was then and there that I decided that this should be my business. If anything ended up happening then sure, i'd tell him. But for now he didn't need to know.

'What nothing at all?' he said in disbelief, handing me a mug. I shook my head in response.

'Well they clearly don't know what they are missing. I'm just going to have a shower, do you want anything before I go' he smiled.

'No thank you. I know where everything is if I change my mind.' I smile back

'Okay, well i've recorded a few episode of Catfish that you can start watching.' he says, before walking away.

'OMG, Raf I love you.' I say grabbing the remote and turning the tv on. I could hear him chuckling at my response as he was walking to the bathroom.

While I was on my own, I decided it would be a good time to reply to Ashton. So I took my phone back out and opened his email and clicked reply.

*Hello Ashton,

I'm sorry i'm a little new to this but of course would love to get to know you. Thanks, you're really sweet. I wish I could say the same but I don't  actually know what you look like. I'm not subscribed so I cannot see pictures :/. How has your day been? If I remember correctly, you live in Los Angeles? What time is it there now/when you read this?

Isla Xx*

I checked and rechecked my reply twice before sending it. So far he sounded like a decent guy. I was intrigued to find out more about him. Only time would tell.