"Oh? Are you a singer?"

"I try to be," I joke, chuckling. "I love it."

I turn, hearing the door being pushed in. Henry smiles from the entrance way, looking confused as he finishes tying the knot on his robe. His hair is tousled messily, his eyes darkened but all in all, he looks in good spirits.

"You're up early."

The woman beside me nods to him, bending down in a small curtsy. He smiles at her.

"Mrs. Ike."

"Good morning, sir... I will go find Daniel."

She looks at me and smiles, nodding before she walks towards the doors. Henry moves out of the way, looking up at me curiously. I turn, leaving my hands behind my back on the cold steel countertop.

"I get what you were saying before about the bed being cold... How long have you been up?"

"Not long," I lie, breathing in. "I wanted to make you breakfast."

"We have people who do that so that I can wake up with you in my arms," he says, smirking.

"Yes, but now you can get a breakfast made with-" I stop myself from saying the last word of that phrase, turning bright red. I turn, awkwardly.

"Finish the sentence," he says, amusedly. I shake my head.

"I did."

"No, you didn't." I close my eyes when his hands rest on my hips, sliding forward onto my stomach. His body conforms to mine, his lips on my shoulder.

"What do you like in your omelet?" I ask, trying to control my breathing. As soon as he touches me, I feel lightheaded.

"Nice detour."

"Thanks," I murmur, pressing down on my lips to stop myself from beaming. "Now, what would you like in your omelet?"

"The works." He lets me go, leaning onto the counter beside me.

"Except green peppers."

He's smirking when I look at him. "Have you been conversing with the staff about me?"

I gape slightly. "Well, nothing personal. Nothing- I mean, that would breech the NDA."

He places a hand on my back, rubbing gently. "You can ask whatever you like. My staff are loyal to me."

"I just- don't know what I can say and what I can't. I don't know what to-to tell my aunt about why I'm still here. She's... upset."

"You said she was fine when you spoke to her?"

I tilt my head, guiltily. "Define fine."

He smirks. "Will she remain discreet? Can you trust her to keep quiet?"

I nod. "Yes."

"Then, tell her the basics. Don't mention the Queen. Any politics. Just that you and I are together."

I blink. "Really?"

"Yes. I trust you, Mia."

I smile, leaning forward to kiss his cheek. "Thank you."

He watches silently, keeping one hand comfortingly on the small of my back as I dice the peppers and whisk the eggs. I try to remain undistracted. When the omelet is on the plate, I move back towards the fridge.

"What fruit do you like?"

"Any."

I see kiwi and grab it, holding it up. He makes a face. "Not that one."