Dark x Reader II

"So...is it all set up?" I asked, sipping at some coffee. Dark just nodded, seeming bothered by something. "What?" I asked. "Hm?" he looked at me. "You seem unhappy." "Oh, it's nothing." I called bullshit. I may not understand him, but I know enough to know when something is wrong. "Tell me what's going on." I said. "There's a lot of tension between me and my mom right now. Not sure how she's gonna feel about seeing me. You two might just have to hang out with each other. I don't want my skin peeled off." I was shocked. It was my understanding that the two of them were always close. "Why?" I asked. "Remember that whole division tactics thing?" I shuddered. "A little too well. That was fucked up." "Alright, let's just say she's a bit...unamused by how I got out of all of that." I wrinkled my nose. "Why?" "Is that the only question people know?" "Maybe." He rolled his eyes. "I have no idea. I figured she'd feel some relief with him out of the picture, but it seems like I'm wrong. I think somewhere deep down she had a bit of love for that monster." It didn't seem likely, but it certainly wasn't impossible. "Look we're working on things, but for the time being, she's just...not the same." I wished he had told me that before I pressured him into bringing her up here. "I'm sorry." I said. "It's alright, but this had better make you feel better." I felt a sharp elbow in my side. "Now that you've told me that, I'm not sure if I'm gonna feel better or not." He scowled a bit. "Should've kept my mouth shut. Again." he said. "Look, it's not that deep." I said, sitting beside my friend. I watched him twirl a vial of blood. "What's that for?" I asked. "Do you wanna see her?" I shook my head. "I'm not thinking clearly." "Obviously." he said. "Thanks for the support." He jabbed me with his elbow again. I saw him turn his attention to the doorway. He shot me a glance before standing. I was beginning to wonder what I'd gotten myself into. Dark returned with what appeared to be a short, feminine version of himself. I did a double take needless to say. "So that's her, huh?" I asked, flashing her a small smile. She returned the favor and then stared at me intently. "Yep." Dark replied. We all three just looked at each other. "(Y/N), talk to me in private for a second." I nodded and followed him.  "Alright, the tension is real. She doesn't talk much up here as it is, but she's been dead ass silent since coming up here. Should I...give her something? You're the mother's day expert." I thought about it. "Flowers?" I suggested. Dark pursed his lips. "I dunno about that. She likes flowers...but..." he sighed. "Dark give them to her." I said. "I'll go with you." He shrugged, giving his hands a gentle toss. "It's worth a try." he said. I took another glance at his mom. I'm in my mid-twenties and look twice as old as her. Not fucking fair. She could pass for being a good 5 thousand years younger than Dark. What I'd give to be able to quit aging. She seemed to study me. "So you like hanging out with him?" she asked. I was surprised by how innocent and beautiful her voice was. "Y-yeah, he's a great friend." "Watch yourself, he can get out of hand quickly...like a grease fire." I snickered. She had him pegged. "I know where to draw my lines." "But something tells me you've never drawn one." She had me pegged too, clever girl. "Not really." I admitted, remembering all the crazy shit I've done with Dark. "If you can handle him, you can handle anything. It's nice to put a face with your name. He talks about you a lot." I blushed. "Well I've given him plenty to talk about." I said. She smiled. "You two seem so alike." she said. "You do, too." she laughed. "We have a few things in common, but nothing major. He's quite a bit more wild than I am." She shared some childhood stories that I'm sure Dark didn't want me to hear about. I snickered. "That bad, huh?" I asked. "No, don't listen to her. She exaggerates." I saw Dark slinking back into the room, wielding a bouquet of flowers. His mom just rolled her eyes. She faced Dark and they spoke about something in a language I didn't understand. No one seemed angry, but I couldn't help but wonder what they were talking about and why I wasn't supposed to hear it. I watched their faces. Dark seemed apologetic, his mother seemed receptive. She looked away a few times before hugging him tightly. He flashed me a thumbs up, and handed her the flowers when she broke the hug. She seemed almost embarrassed. She gave Dark a kiss on the cheek and then came and said goodbye to me. "I've gotta get going now, (y/n), but I was told you planned this. Thank you." "Of course. I thought it'd be nice...I was right." she gave me a quick hug, and disappeared, leaving Dark and I alone. "That was great, (y/n)." he said. "I think we've reconciled our differences..." I turned to see Dark approaching me, looking warmer and friendlier than I'd ever seen him look. "I owe you one. One of everything.Follow me and we can get started." He winked. I felt a warm wave of excitement wash over me. "On my way." I said, trailing him.