Chapter 8

Elsa woke up, breathing hard. She hadn't had a bad dream; she'd had an exceptional dream. It had been beautiful. In the dream, she had woken up in a meadow. It hadn't been winter, but there was enough of a window chill to where Elsa was comfortable. Flowers bloomed all around her and you could see every star in the sky. Jack had been there too. He was a little ways away from her, and his translucent skin was beautiful when it was washed in the moonlight. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and his physique was impressive. As she moved closer, his chest began to rise and fall quickly, his breath speeding up. She moved her head up to look directly up into his ice blue eyes that were so filled with love. Love for her. She reached her hand up to stroke his cheek, and he leaned into her palm and closed his eyes, inhaling deeply. A light breeze rushed by, whipping her nightdress around her knees and her hair around her face. Jack reached up and tucked a loose strand behind her ears, as he moved his face closer to hers, his lips so close but he never let them meet, enjoying the anticipation. When he finally pressed his lips to hers, a fire erupted in her stomach. At first, the kiss was slow and gentle until it morphed into a desperate hunger. His hands ran gently down her back and she drug her fingers down his hard, ice-cold chest as he gasped, never breaking contact. And then she woke up. She slapped her hand against her forehead. You idiot, she thought, you're supposed to be spying on him, not dreaming about sucking face with him. She sighed. She swung her feet over the side of the bed, standing up and moving towards the glass doors that led out onto the balcony. They had been staying in the king's castle and it was lovely. She pushed them open and the cold breeze blew her hair back. She went and sat on the railing, feet dangling over the side. Her attempts to stop the storm with Jack had failed miserably. If anything, her frustration had only made it worse. But now that she was alone, she was going to try. Really try. After that dream, love would not be hard to muster. She turned and jumped down from the railing, raised her hands to sky and thought of everyone she loved, Anna, her parents, Jack, her kingdom and slowly, the snow began to melt. The wind stopped. She felt a weight lift up off her shoulder. She opened her eyes and saw that the snow was gone. "I knew you could do it!" A voice exclaimed from above her. She jumped and spun quickly to see jack sitting on the roof just above her.

"How long have you been there? Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I've been outside all night, but I didn't come right here until you came out here too." He nimbly jumped down from his spot on the roof and stood very close to her. "Why couldn't you do that with Anna and me watching you?" He stalked forward until her back hit the rail. He grabbed a stand of her hair, staring at her lips. "Do I make you nervous?"

Elsa stood there against the railing while his chest rose and fell against hers. No, she thought as she gave him a gentle shove away. "What? No. Of course not. My mind was just really clouded, that's all."

Jack wasn't going to let her avoid him that easily though. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him. "Was it clouded with thoughts of me?" Jack leaned his face in close to hers. He was leaving tomorrow, so this was a bad idea. A really bad idea. Unless… "Come with me." Jack said excitedly. It was a spur of the moment decision, but it was one he didn't think he'd regret. He really did feel something for her and he really wanted to keep her around. Elsa jumped, obviously taken aback by his request. "But… but… go with you where?"

"Anywhere, everywhere!" Jack exclaimed, his eyes lighting up. "I have to leave tomorrow and I want you to come with me. Will you? Please, Elsa, I promise you won't regret it."

Elsa took a deep breath. She was completely at war with herself. The kingdom needed her, and it would be completely irresponsible to just take off. Her heart broke and mended at the same moment as she took his hands and breathed out, "Yes."