"Are too," I replied.

"Star Trek isn't just about spaceships and black holes, you know," Nate argued, crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

I snorted and rolled my eyes, "Whatever, we watched Star Trek last time anyway."

"Last time, we watched Mean Girls. Which, by the way, was even worse than The Notebook!" Nate yelled.

I gasped. "Take that back!"

"Make me."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Take. It. Back."

"I'm not going to."

"Fine. Your breath smells."

"You're ugly!"

"Loser."

"Freak."

"You know what?" I stood up. "Since you're being so rude and won't take it back, The Notebook it is."

"That's not fair," Nate cried, jumping up and shoving me out the way.

"It is totally fair!" I shouted, pushing him back.

Nate didn't even stumble, instead he ran towards the DVD player, with me hot on his heels.

How the hell could he run that fast?

Stupid football player.

In a desperate final attempt to stop him I jumped onto Nate's back, "We're watching The Notebook!"

"You're gonna make me fall over, you're so heavy!" Nate said, trying to get me off.

"I am not fat! You're just weak!" I shot back, slightly offended by his comment.

"Coming from the girl who failed gym twice. And we're watching Star Trek!"

While it was true that I had in fact failed gym twice, I refused to let him use this to his advantage. "I am not weak, and as if, Nathaniel!"

Nate pushed me off his back and turned to glare at me, "Don't call me that."

I smirked, knowing all too well how much Nate hated it when anyone used his full name. "I'll call you whatever I want to call you!" I yelled at him. Alright, so it wasn't exactly the best comeback but it was pretty hard to come up with a good comeback while trying to get my balance back at the same time.

Nate narrowed his eyes and leaped towards me, wrestling me to the ground.

"Get off me, you fat idiot!" I shouted, as Nate rolled over so he was squashing me.

Nate froze. "Did you just call me fat?"

Thankfully, before he could do anything, the door opened and Nate's mom came in, raising an eyebrow at the sight of both of us on the floor.

Nate's mom, Susan, was one of the sweetest women ever; she was where Nate got his blonde hair and blue eyes from. Despite the fact that Susan looked like a snobbish beauty queen, she was anything but that, she was like a second mom to me and every time I was around she would always bake me cookies or some other delicious treat, much to Nate's annoyance. Since Susan didn't have a daughter of her own, just two sons, I was sure she enjoyed having me around to pamper.

"What's going on here?" Susan asked, smiling knowingly.

To anyone else, seeing us rolling around on the floor like that would've been seen as inappropriate, but by now, Susan was used to this kind of behavior so she just ignored it.

"Nate won't let me watch The Notebook," I piped up, knowing that she was bound to take my side over Nate's.

"She won't let me watch Star Trek!" Nate protested, knowing he was fighting a losing battle.

"You watched it last time," I said, giving Susan a pleading look.

"I did not!"

"Yeah you did."

"She called me fat!"

"Not like it isn't true..."

"It isn't!"

"Hey, you called me fat too!"

Susan rolled her eyes, "Come on you two, you're fifteen now, not five."

"I know I am, but I wouldn't be so sure about him," I said, jerking my thumb in the direction of Nate.

She rolled her eyes again and turned to Nate. "You did watch Star Trek the last time Talia slept over."

I grinned victoriously. "Ha!" I cried, sticking my tongue out at Nate, who scowled back at me.

"Fine, whatever," he grunted, still scowling but finally admitting defeat.

Susan rolled her eyes, "You kids keep it down in here, okay?"

"Okay," we chorused before she left the room.

I grabbed the remote and pressed play, smirking in victory as I did so.

Two hours later, my head was resting against Nate's shoulder as I balled my eyes out, "That was so..." I sniffed, "beautiful!" I exclaimed, bursting into a fresh wave of tears.

Nate simply grunted in response and passed me another tissue.

"Aw, come on Nate, you can't deny how heart-touching that was, I mean Noah and Allie's relationship was so special!"

"Yeah, sure, whatever," Nate said rolling his eyes. "Are you staying for dinner?"

I shook my head. "Mom said I had to be home for dinner tonight," I stood up and wiped my eyes with the tissue, then fixed my hair and smoothed down my crumpled clothes.

"Okay. Bye!" Nate said, looking more than glad to get rid of the tearful girl that was his best friend.

"Bye Nate, Bye Susan!" I called.

"Bye Talia!" I heard Susan shout back as I left the house, shutting the door behind me.

***********************************

Authors note: This is only Part 1 of the Prologue! Keep reading to find out what happens in Part 2 :)