Chapter 2

I clutched a bomb in my hand, stared at the man who was here to kill me and muttered to myself. "Could it be that I have to play Btooom! in real life...?" The pale moonlight illuminated my terror. He came running towards me as I started to run. "This is no joke! He's targeting me!" As I ran he aimed more bombs towards me, I ran and stumbled off the beach into the jungle. "What the fuck is with that guy? He's serious about killing me!" I thought to myself. 

His heavy boots crunched slowly behind me, "You coward!," He yelled. "You only know how to run with your tail between your legs, huh?!" He pulled out a small packet of brightly coloured pills and ingested them all. He collapsed for a few moments and started to mutter. I got close enough to hear exactly what he was saying:

"I demanded the bus drivers paycheck. He claimed not to have any, I wasn't buying his shit. I socked him in the jaw and told him to cut the crap and hand it over. Adults shouldn't lie. The beautiful girl from the group of a handful told him to be quiet, I took his check for 'school fees'." 

I was done listening, I ran as far as I could before he regained consciousness. I looked behind me, gasping for breath. I kept running, "Did I lose him?" I muttered. The basics of Btooom! are to swiftly hide your presence and slip away. The bomb exploded near me, he's here. How the hell? I pulled a bomb out of my belt and thought, "There's no other way, I have no other choice but to fight. But if I hit him with this bomb he will surely die, but if I don't..." The bomb went off right behind me. It's burning!

I looked up at the man as I ran, How could I do that? I could hear him mutter. "I'm getting dizzy, maybe I overdosed? I can't calm down now.. And him, why isn't he fighting back? Could it be that he's trying to buy time? Or maybe he's waiting for an opening.." He slurred.
I threw a bomb, but it didn't explode. Huh? How did it work earlier? Damn, I pressed something. A switch! I pressed the switch and it made a familiar Pi! sound. Right as I threw another one, I heard the man say that I had a good aim, but I'm a dumbass who doesn't know how to use the bombs. 

He's right. "Don't fuck with me!" He yelled. I held the bomb in my hand tightly. How do I use it? Damn, he's coming. Fuck it! Is there a manual? The basics of Btooom! are to swiftly hide your presence and slip away. Of course! I slipped away and waited for him to look for me. He slid down the cliff face that he chased me to and fell right into my trap. I can't believe it! 

"Don't move!" I yelled, clutching a bomb with one hand, acting as though I knew how to use it. Fear struck into his face, but he quickly hid it. The pale moonlight showed me who he was, a tall man with a golden buzz cut, thick heavy boots, some long pale green pants, a black ripped tank top and a thick heavy sleeveless winter coat. He had a furrow in between his eyebrows and a hard face. "Answer my questions!" He didn't respond, but I kept talking

"Why are you trying to kill me?" That question surprised him, so he didn't answer it.
"Where is this place? Moreover this bomb... Or this glass in my hand!" He started to smile.
"Have you heard of an online game called Btooom! ?" The man was in hysterical laughter after hearing this.
"What a happy guy! You don't remember anything, do you?" The man responded, continuing, "That means you also don't know how to use that bomb in your hand, but you dare threaten me!" He began continue his laughter. "Not laughing? Do it while you can, because you wont be able to laugh in the other world. After you die!" He jumped off of the cliff and pegged a bomb at me, barely missing my shoulder. There was an exaggerated explosion. The rocks falling from the cliff face hit me.

Everything hurts. I fell to the ground, holding my shoulder. Why is this happening to me? Did I do something wrong? I can't take this anymore. I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes. Isn't he just a normal Japanese person? Maybe we can talk... communicate? He isn't really going to kill me, right? I raised my arms above my head and flattened my palms.
"I give up! I surrender! Please spare me!" I cried. 

The explosion knocked me into the air, knocking all the wind out of me and all my will to keep going. My head hit the hard sands of the beach. I'm too naive. Am I going to die here?

"Where the fuck are you?! You can run but you can't hide!" The man shouted. "You aren't dead yet, right scum?" He shouted again. "Come out fucker!" He yelled. "No, I don't want to die." I mumbled. "Leave me alone!" I shouted. The green glass in my hand began to glow. I can... I can feel him closing in! Could this be something... something like a radar? But that also means... It's pointless for me to hide. 

I'm fucked.