Chapter One

Reader's POV.
(WARNING: Spoilers?)

Bilbo runs and jumps over bodies of Orcs, following Thorin and Dwalin who finally defeated the goblins, only to see Fili being held up by the Pale Orc, close to death. He looks around nervously, trying to figure out a way to help when suddenly, an idea comes to his mind, remembering that they aren't noticing him. He takes off the necklace chain he had around his neck and held this beautiful small stone in his hand. He blows warm air onto in whispering.

"Pleh ruoy deen ew esaelp haraS! We are at Erebor..." He pulls it away from his face and it starts to glow a white, blinding light. He closes his eyes and he hears a hiss from behind him, he turns quickly to see a goblin with a dagger held about his head, being quickly dragged down towards him. He is too slow to react. He closes his eyes and holds one arm up to see if that will stop the blow when suddenly, a loud roar is head from his left.

He opens his eyes to see a small (not a baby dragon or one the size of Smaug) dragon fly past and pick up the goblin, crushing it to death. Another dragon flies past and picks up Fili with as much caution as possible. Thorin watches with amazement as one of his nephews, Fili is saved by a dragon. Bilbo cheers and hears a thump behind him. He turns and sees his dearest friend, Sarah, a half-dwarf/half-human, standing behind him. "Sarah!" He runs over and hugs her. "You came! Oh I thought you weren't going to make it here!" She giggles and hugs him tight.

~~~~ During Thorin and Azog's battle~~~~

Thorin's POV

I hit him with my sword multiple times but I am thrown back, landing on my stomach. He lifts his spike ball up and throws it. I roll out of the way just in time. He continues throwing it at me while I roll out of the way. I am nearly hit, my energy running out due to all of my wounds. I close my eyes, unable to move and I wait for Azog to kill me. I hear him throw the spikeball down and then a loud THUNK! I feel no pain, so I open my eyes to see a beautiful maiden standing above me with a shield. She smiles down at me and pushes the ball back at him, attacking him with her sword.

I get the energy to stand and help fight. The spike ball land beside me, on the piece of loose ice we are standing on. I pick it up and I throw it at him, jumping of just after to watch him fall under the ice to his death. I smile, relieved and I watch his body go close to the frozen waterfall. I start walking, following his body, when two hand catch my right arm. I look to my right to see the dwarven maiden standing there.

"I would suggest not doing that... He is trying to trick you..." I tilt my head. "How do you know that?" I see her smile at me. "This has happened to me before, multiple times. They close their eyes, you follow them and then they stab the closest part of you to them, they break the ice, climb out and try to kill you." I nod. "Ok..." She leans forward, bushing my hair out of my face. "Those wounds of yours aren't going to leave a scar. This one might," she runs a gentle finger around my forehead, "but other than that, nope." She grabs my arm, wraps it around her shoulders and helps me down the hill.

~~~~ In Erebor a few hours later ~~~~

I sit on a bed, bandages wrapped around all of my wounds, thinking. Who was she? What's her name? I should have asked for her name... I sigh and I hear my door open. "Thorin?" I look up to see Bilbo. "Bilbo, my friend. I am so sorry for the way I had acted towards you..." He smiles. "I forgive you Thorin! Your my friend after all." I smile at him but I wince, accidentally moving my arm. He frowns. "I'll go and get my friend. She is a healer as well." He runs out of the room as fast as a Hobbit can and I sit there waiting.

A couple of minutes later, my door opens once again to reveal her, the beautiful dwarven maiden who had saved me during my weakest time. I smile at her. "Hello... How are your wounds?" She walks over and sits on the chair beside my makeshift bed. "They sting a little... But that isn't important right now... What IS important is that I get the name of the maiden who had saved me." I wink at her. She blushes and giggles softly. "Well then, my King~ My name is Sarah. I am half-dwarf, half human..." She bows her head. I smirk, "Beautiful name for such a beautiful maiden~" I take her hand from my bandage and I lift it, placing a soft kiss on the knuckles of her hand. She turns her head, blushing, "thank you...".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One is.... DONE!!

Words: 877

Neke246 you will be added into the story!

Next Time:

Tauriel hands him the stone back. "I am sorry Kili... I love Legolas..." Kili squeezes the stone in his hands, tears forming in his eyes. He turns around and walks off.

And while that happens...

Thorin smiles at me. "Please... Join me here in Erebor! You can live here!"