Not Your Fault Pt 3

Start from the beginning

There was a sharp POP and you found yourself back in the room you were generally confined to. Gaster straightened his coat and left without a word with a sharp POP.

Okay, so now he can teleport...

You sighed, nothing really surprised you anymore. A quiet knock came from the door and it was opened Papyrus.

The smaller skeleton was carrying a handful of books.

"Hewwo _________," He greeted with a boney grin on his cute little face.

"Hello Papyrus. What did you bring for us to read today?" You asked the little skeleton.

Papyrus lifted the book up to you.

The little bunny goes boo!

You giggled at the title and leaned down to help the small skeleton onto the bed. Both lying down you pulled the blanket up over your body and the small skeleton snuggled up beside you. Opening the book you began to read.

~ ~ ~ ~

"And the Little Bunny returned home after his big adventure... The end."

You looked down at Papyrus and smiled sweetly. The cute little skeleton was peacefully asleep, by your side. Your heart fluttered warmly at the site of the child.

Your so innocent, Papyrus... I can kind of understand why your father is so protective of you.

Your eyes were drawn from the peacefully sleeping child by your side to the door when another skeleton came into view. This time it was someone you had only met once... not that you had actually said anything to him but you had heard his name plenty of times from Papyrus.

Sans, the short skeleton who wore a blue jumper, was staring at you. His pupils had disappeared as he glared at you and Papyrus.

"You should not be here," He growled angrily. His eyes turned to Papyrus, then back to meet your own, "Don't you even think of doing anything to my brother or father or your going to have a bad time." The Sans disappeared in a dim flash of blue.

You sat, frozen, as you processed Sans's words. He had been so cold and unremorseful that it chilled you to the bone.

I wouldn't ever hurt Papyrus... or Gaster.

You leaned back into the bed and sighed.

What happened to make these guys so... untrusting?

You wondered as you slipped into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~

Gaster

Gaster sighed as he teleported back into his lab. He slid his lab coat off and hung it over the back of his chair. The King had wanted to know how his project was going. Luckily he had not asked if any humans had been spotted since the last. Gaster raised a hand to his face as a phantom pain ached from his eyes just from the thought of the human. Closing his eyes he turned and strode out of his lab and towards the room that the human was being kept in. He was surprised and slightly worried to see the door had been left open.

Relief swept through him however when he noticed the sleeping figure. What was interesting though was the small bundle that seemed to be sleeping beside the human. Gaster approached apprehensive of what he might find and pulled the sheets back slowly.

There, lying by the humans side, was Papyrus. He was holding the humans dressing gown in one hand whilst the other gripped a children's book. Gaster stepped back and watched the two sleeping together.