2 | it's emily

ADDITIONAL CHARACTER

Maia Mitchell as Laura Michaels

N O T E
Normal Text : Emily Baker
Italic Text : Jeff Atkins
Bold Text : Laura Michaels

C H A P T E R TWO | IT'S EMILY

The next afternoon came. Emily Baker entered the bakery and sat, once again, on the chair she sat on the day before. She was grounded for a whole week, meaning she had to watch over the bakery a whole week as well. She sighed. At least I get to have my phone back later, She thought, finding all hope she can get for her not to spoil the day. Luckily, her parents let the employees help her out that afternoon, making her mostly in charge with the people who call for deliveries as the others took care of the customers. Few called, which bored Emily even more, so she thought that maybe one of her closest friends can come over the bakery to lessen it. She got the telephone, placed it beside one of her ears, and pressed about eight digits, hoping for a response.

❝Laura, save me from my misery, please.❞

On my way, Em.❞ The girl from the phone sighed.

And with those simple words, the call ended few seconds after. About ten minutes passed, a young brunette entered the bakery and casually walked towards where Emily was. "I was just in the middle of finishing the season finale of Riverdale!" Laura complained. "This has to be important." She added. "Is 'I'm very bored' important?" Emily innocently asked as Laura groaned. "I better get a free milkshake or else.."

"Yes ma'am." Emily replied as she kindly asked one of the employees to bring them both chocolate milkshakes. "You can sit there if you'd like.." Emily pointed at an empty table in front of the counter. "I have to stay here because.. you know.. the phone.." She added. "Na-a, I'm staying here. Is it okay to watch while working?" Laura asked. "Not at all!" They both squealed.

Laura then placed out her phone and earphones as she opened netflix. She got a chair and sat down next to Emily. But before they were even able to start watching, the telephone beside them rang.

❝Baker's Bakery!—❞

Phone Girl.

❝Seriously, Jeff?❞

❝Don't tell me you and Clay need me for another bet!❞

Glad that someone took time to remember me.. and actually, I'm home alone right now.

❝No one asked.❞

❝Who's that?❞ Laura then asked.

Who's that?

❝Oh nobody, Laura. Just our daily caller.❞ Emily lied.

❝What do you want?.. Sir..❞

I'm just bored.

❝Well, so was I. And you called late so, let me be. Me and my friend are about to bond.❞

So, if I called you earlier, you'd actually let me talk with you?

❝Well,❞

❝Maybe..❞

❝You versus bakery watching? Obviously I'd pick you.❞

At least you'd pick me over something.. So I'd take that as a compliment.

❝Who said I was trying to give you a compliment?❞

Just trynna make excuses to make you look kind, considering you were 'rude' yesterday when you left without saying your name.. and saying goodbye.

❝Hey! I'm kind!.. to 'not annoying' people.. Plus, how would I even know that you'd call again?❞

Um. You're a very interesting girl, how could anyone not call you back to hear your angelic voice?

❝Haha you're funny.❞

I know.. but that wasn't a joke.❞ Emily blushed.

❝Bye!❞

Phone girl, I need your name!

❝Ugh... If I tell you my name, would you stop calling and let me live in peace?❞

Can't promise that.

❝Well, why should I give it to you?❞

Because..

I'm not a murderer and..

You can end the call as soon as you tell me your name.

❝You're not gonna stop, are you?❞

Nyope.

❝Fine, Jeffannoying..❞

❝It's Emily.❞

And with that, she hung up, leaving Jeff with a name that will forever be tattooed in his mind. Emily sighed as she looked at her friend Laura, who she hasn't noticed, been listening to her conversation the whole time. "Yeah. I may be stupid.. but I'm not really." Laura started. "That's definitely not a guy who orders a lot." She added as Emily rolled her eyes. "Jeffanoying and Emily aye!" Laura teased. "Weird name though." She added. "It's Jeff." Emily corrected as Laura smirked.

"You like him?" Laura asked. "No! I haven't even met him." Emily explained. "Oh okay.." Laura grinned as Emily sneered at her. Luckily, the milkshakes came, disturbing Laura from her thoughts and teases. The best friends then carried on watching what they were supposed to be watching awhile ago, and the afternoon ended happily for these two, while Jeff's ended as he continued thinking about his phone girl, Emily.