Chapter 11 | Priorities in Technicolor

Nova

Zzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzz

I blindly reached for my phone, eyes still closed. Without even opening my eyes I answered with a groggy hello. I heard the loudest most aggressive gasp I'd ever heard in my life.

My eyes popped open to see Paige, Sydney and Cierra all staring at me in wide eyed shock. Obviously the 'call' was a facetime. My mouth dropped open at my own image in the screen, with Lucas blissfully sleeping behind me, his chin resting on my shoulder.

I pulled my free hand up to my face, with one finger over my lips I silently shushed them. I pulled forward, attempting to gently de-tangle myself from his arms. His arms tightened around me with a disapproving grunt. I sighed as he stirred and opened his eyes looking right into the camera.

"Good morning ladies." He rasped, snuggling down into the embrace even more and closed his eyes once more.

"Sooooo, I guess you're not meeting us for breakfast like we talked about last night? I'm mildly concerned that my old bestie and new bestie are naked on my screen even though I can't see it. Good morning, good day, and good fucking night" Cierra said through the screen before it went black.

"She's such a weirdo." Luke laughed into my shoulder before flipping me over underneath him and pinning my hands down. "Good morning, love."

I squealed as he peppered light tickling kisses all over my face and neck, before settling between my legs, laying his head on my chest just as he'd done the night before. He slid his hand from my thigh, up the curve of my waist, stopping his ascent and resting his hand on my rib cage right under my exposed breast.

"Your body is ridiculous..." he mumbled, almost as an afterthought.

"Flattery will get you everywhere, Mr. Boyd." I snickered, my hands back to the errant scratching of his scalp that I was so fond of. Companionable silence fell over us until my stomach growled embarrassingly loud. My body shook with the force of his laugh.

"Sooooo, I guess I need to feed you, huh?" He snickered.

"Hardy Har Har." I mocked sliding off the bed, and snatching his button down shirt off the floor and sliding it on.

"Fuck, that's sexy..." he breathed sliding on a pair of boxer briefs. "Stay just like that."

He jogged to the living room, and came back with his camera. The clicking of the shutter went off at a rapid fire. I played around, twirling and making silly faces, and making exaggerated mock sexy poses. I threw my head back in laughter at his 'in the zone' face.

"Thaaaaaat's enough" I griped pushing his camera away. "Feed me damnit."

~~~

I walked through my apartment door, closing it behind me and with a content sigh. I fumbled through my purse for my phone, blissfully unaware of my audience.

"NOVA!!!"

My heart raced as I looked over to see 3 sets of eyes trained on me. "PAIGE GIVE ME MY FUCKING KEY BACK!!!"

"Nooooo no no!!!! You stood us up this morning, this is technically your fault. This wouldn't have happened if you had showed up for breakfast!! We understand that you were... uh, busy." She grabbed my arm and drug me to the sofa. "Spill. It."

I felt the intensity of my blush all the way down to my chest. I had been in the presence of Satan (Paige) and her minions (Cierra and Sydney) all of five minutes and I was already flustered.