Chapter 11

You sat on the floor of Zen's study, sharpening your knives as he and the others did some work. Obi watched you intently as you flipped your knives a couple of times in your hand, contemplating how sharp they need to be. You looked up to find Obi staring at you and smirked.
Whack!

Zen looked up in surprise to see what was happening and his eyes widened when he noticed your arm drop to your side and Obi tilting his head to avoid your knife. Mitsuhide sweatdropped. What on earth are you two trying to do?
"Oy! What are you doing to my study?" Zen called out.
"Sorry. I was just trying out my new sharpened knives," you say, catching the knife between your fingers as Obi threw it back to you.
Zen and Mitsuhide blinked at the two of you.

"Where do you two learn those skills of yours? You're both dangerous!"
"I was an assassin, Master," Obi reminded him.
"I know that! But (y/n)-" 
"I've been attacked by assassins. I had to learn how to take care of myself," you reply.
Zen sighed as he examined you two. You and Obi stared back in a calculating manner.
"I have a job for you two," Zen finally says.
"A job?" You ask.
"What is it, Master?" Obi wondered eagerly. He felt his heart beat a little faster at the thought of working with you again.
"The man who shot the poisonous arrow at you, (y/n). He has an accomplice hiding in a nearby city," explained Zen. "I want you two to find him and bring him here. But be careful!"

You stood up from your crouching position and grabbed your bow. Obi stood up from his seat and grabbed his coat.
"You're going north. It'll be cold. So wear warm clothes," claimed Zen.
The two of you nodded and left the room. You and Obi walked silently to the East Wing together. When you entered the great hall, you told Obi you'll change and meet him back there. He nodded and disappeared into his own room.
After changing into your winter clothes, you headed back down the stairs and found Obi waiting for you. He looked up and smiled as he saw you approach.
"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah."
Outside, the two of you grabbed your horses and waited outside for Zen and the others to see you off. The wind was blowing rather hard making the air feel cold. You noticed Obi turn and pull the collar of his shirt together to block the wind.
Hesitantly, you pulled a dark-green scarf out of your pocket. You bought it a long time ago for him, but you weren't sure whether to give it to him or not. Since his back was turned to you, you wrapped the scarf around his neck, surprising him. Obi turned to look at you.

"It'll be cold where we go," you tell him. "I thought this scarf would keep you warm."
He stared at you, bewildered and then slowly smiled, holding the scarf against him.
"Thanks! I really like it!" Obi beamed happily.
"I'm glad," you smiled, wrapping your own red scarf around your neck.
"Hey! Are you guys leaving?" Zen called out as he walked down the stairs towards the two of you.

"Just waiting for you, Master," says Obi, pulling your horse closer to you.
Obi held out his hand and helped you up on your horse. He then swung up to get on his own horse.
"Good. Be careful," says Zen. "And good luck!"
The two of you waved to Zen, Mitsuhide, and Kiki and headed out into the woods on your horses. Zen smirked as he watched you two leave.
"Was that a new scarf Obi was wearing?"

"Looks like the scarf (Y/N) bought awhile ago at the market," says Kiki.
Zen and Mitsuhide gaped at her and then Zen bursted into laughter.
"Well good luck to those two."

The wind blew harder as you and Obi rode your horses further north. You've reached the area where it began to snow, making it a little more difficult for the horses to travel. The sky had already started getting dark. Obi reached out to you and pointed into the woods nearby. You followed him, escaping the blasting wind.
"We should probably rest. It's getting too dark and the wind is blowing," observed Obi as he stared up at the sky.

"I guess you're right," you agreed, jumping off your horse and tying it to a tree. 
Obi did the same and began looking for some firewood while you fed the horses. When he came back, he started a fire to keep the two of you warm. He sat down next to you and leaned against the tree. In the corner of your eye, you noticed him pull up his scarf further up on his face.

"It's getting cold huh?" You say, leaning closer to the fire.
"Sure is," mumbled Obi, looking up at the starry sky.
You turned back to him and watched as he silently stared up. His eyes looked like they were longing for something. Shirayuki maybe?
"Do you not want to be here?" You suddenly ask, not being able to stop yourself.
Obi looked at you in surprise.

"What..?"
"S-Sorry. You just look like you wanted to be back home with everyone else," you say quietly, shivering a bit from the blowing wind.
Obi blinked and stared at you intently. Slowly, he inched towards you and wrapped his arms around you. Your eyes widened as you felt his warmth get rid of the cold.
"I was just thinking how nice the stars looked up above," Obi tells you. "You don't really see much in the city."
Your hand shook as you placed it on his arms that were wrapped around you. You glanced up as well and gazed at the night sky.
"Yeah, it is pretty."
"We should try to get some sleep so we have energy tomorrow," Obi suggested.
You nodded your head and pretty soon the two of you drifted to sleep, with you sleeping in Obi's arms.

FINALLY SOME OBI X READER MOMENTS YASSSSS and thankyou sooo much for the 400 reads i cant really believe it. Thank you 😚😚😚😚