New Care Home

We pull up to large house with it's bright red door and little sign post that says 'Elm Tree House'. Feeling nervous I unbuckle my seat belt and help Henry with his, whilst Summer gets out the other side. I get out of the car and open Henry's door holding onto his and summer's hands as our social worker gets our bags out of the boot.

She carries them over to the door and knocks as me, Henry and Summer follow behind. The big red door opens to reveal a short dark haired women looking flustered.

"Come In, I'm Tracy a care worker here" She says politely.

"MIKE!" She then screams before running off to someone screaming upstairs. A Taller bald guy then appears from an office and comes over to the door.

"Hi, Sorry about that. You must be Lizzane." The guy who I assume is Mike says to our social worker.

"Yes, This is Jessica, Henry and Summer." she introduces us.

"It's Jess." I correct her I hated it when people used my full name.

"Right, Hi Jess, I'm Mike. Hi Summer." Mike says

"Hi." Summer replies shyly

"Hi Henry." He then says

Henry just stares back at him blankly.

"He's shy." I say as Mike gets no reply.

"How about we go and see your bedrooms." He says taking our bags and walking over to the stairs. I follow behind Mike and We come across a room that has an intricate design painted on the wall.

"So Jess and Summer this is your room." He says stopping outside the room before continuing.

"And this will be your room Henry." He says as we stop at a room painted all blue.

"Who's room is that?" I ask pointing to the room next to Henry's.

"That would be Tee's, although if I'm honest she was wanting to move into your room." He tells me as Henry goes inside closing the door on us all behind him.

"It's all the change, Sorry." I say laughing a little at how blunt Henry is.

"It's Fine when Tracy was here as a kid she would often slam doors in our faces." Mike laughs.

"Can me and summer swap with Tee then? It would be nice to be closer to Henry since everything's new around here.

"How about you get settled in and I'll have a talk with your social worker and then Tee." He replies.

"Ok." I say before he walks away going back downstairs.

I go inside Henry's bedroom with summer and sit beside him as a boy dressed in a navy polo shirt and brown trousers comes over to Henry's room.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"I'm Jess this is Henry and summer." I tell him.

"I'm Gus, I'm going to give you a tour of the house" he says writing something down in his book.

"That's Tee and Johnny, There siblings too." He says taking us into one room.

"Hi Tee, Hi Johnny" I say smiling at them both.

"No talking on the tour, You'll hold us up." He says angrily.

"Listen to him, he'll only get angry if you don't." Johnny tells me.

We go round all the bedrooms Before he takes us downstairs pointing out the garden, Kitchen, Living room, Quiet room and finishing up by knocking on the office door before Mike tells us to come in.

"I'm Finished, 24 minutes and 31 seconds, it took longer because she stopped to talk to Tee and Johnny." Gus tells Mike.

"Thanks Gus." Mike says and he leaves the room.

"Jess, you and Tee have swapped. How about you go and unpack, get Tracy to help you." Mike tells me.

I take Henry back upstairs and start sorting our things into mine and his, I put away his stuff in the wardrobe whilst he sits on the bed behind me.

"Mike will let you repaint if you want." I hear a voice say from the doorway.

"He likes blue." I say knowing Henry would hate if we changed it straight after moving in.

"You must have had the Gus tour by now, you can have literally anything you want." Tee explains.

"we might repaint our room though. I mean if you don't mind." I say awkwardly.

"No go ahead, Thanks for swapping. I'm closer to my friends now." She explains.

"That's fine." I reply.

"I'm getting the boys and Tracy to help me move my stuff so If you want to rearrange anything just give us a shout." Tee says before going back to her old bedroom.

Not long later Me and Henry wonder down to the living room with Tee In tow as she saw us coming down. Summer's already off playing with a little kid called Harry.

"That's Lily and Carmen." She says pointing two two girls sitting on the sofa.

"That's Liam, Frank and Johnny." She says pointing to the boys stood at the snooker table.

"And that's Gus." She says pointing to the boy from earlier who is writing in his notebook

"Hi, I'm Jess and This is Henry. Our sister Summer should be around here somewhere too" I introduce us

A/N - hope you like it pls comment and let me know what you think xx