Chapter 11: Under Control

Start from the beginning

"What the hell was that?" Rick asked a pinned Tyler who was starting to look dazed, like he had no idea what he had just done. "What was that?" he asked again in bewilderment.

"I'll take it from here." Mayor Lockwood said as he entered outside to see what the commotion was about.

"You hurt?" The Mayor asked looking at Tyler with hidden disappointment and an act of caring. I could tell under the mask he wore of concern that he was angry at his son because of how many saw Tyler lose control of himself.

"I'm okay." Tyler said also recognizing the mask his father wore.

I instantly stepped next to Tyler. "Can I take him to get some ice for his cheek?" I asked, my voice going a bit childish as I peered up at Mr.Lockwood. We both knew my request wasn't really that.

But the Mayor nodded and I grabbed Tyler's hand before anyone saw that his cheek was already starting to heal.

I looked around and saw that Matt's mom wasn't anywhere and wondered how Matt was going to react.

We walked toward the kitchens where I grabbed a small baggy and put some ice in it. "The ice will slow down the healing process until we can get it home. Keep the check iced alright." I told Ty as I zipped the bag up and handed it to him.

"Alright," Tyler said softly. "I'm sorry for losing control."

"It happens to newbies every now and again. Don't worry about it, alright?" I replied back reassuringly.

Tyler gave me a hesitant smile before placing the ice bag against his cheek and flinched as it sparked a bit of pain.

"I'm gonna go find Matt." I told Tyler who just nodded.

After a few minutes, I found a distraught Matt who looked disappointed and distraught. I grabbed his hand softly before dragging him toward the kitchens where I knew some ice-cream was hidden.

Though, before we entered the kitchen, I saw the Mayor enter the room and went toward Tyler who instantly tensed up and looked around the room until our eyes met.

I shook my head and dragged Matt toward the shadows.

"Let's go." The Mayor said sternly walking toward Tyler.

"Dad, I'm sorry." Tyler said instantly trying to defuse some of his father's anger. "I don't even know what happened. I was drinking, and...I lost control. Can't explain it."

The Mayor looked like he was about to accept the answer but instead back-slapped Tyler instead. Tyler, who wasn't expecting that, stumbled a few seconds before his eyes zoomed onto his father.

He was subtly tense and stared at his father, I knew that if his father was going to try that again Tyler's wolf would take control and protect him, which was good and bad.

"That is the last time you ever embarrass this family." The Mayor said and I could feel Matt trying to move forward but I grabbed his wrist before he could draw attention to himself.

I pulled him back slightly and when he didn't budge, put a little werewolf strength into it until Matt looked at me with emotions akin to annoyance.

I just shook my head shyly and tightened my grip on his wrist, trying to show that I was scared to move out in the open. I saw Matt's face soften a bit before staring at the Mayor in hatred.

Clearly, Matt didn't know just how ruff Tyler's home life actually was. The Mayor fixed his jacket slightly before turning from his son and leaving the room.

Tyler huffed and just put the ice back onto his cheek which now had a slightly red hand imprint around it.

"That dick." Matt said angrily as he walked toward Tyler to check on his best friend. I quickly moved to hug the teenager and tried to give off the emotion of comfort, knowing it would help.

I quickly felt Tyler untense and sink into my hug. He quickly set the ice bag down in order to lift me up before grabbing the ice bag again, holding me with one arm.

I shifted a bit, not use to being held like this before giving Tyler a hug again and portraying warmth and protection to him.

"I'm fine man." Tyler said calmly.

"Did you know about this?" he asked me looking confused and angry on the behalf of Tyler.

I shyly nodded my head toward Matt and felt Tyler's emotion of comfort right back and my wolf rumbled in happiness that my Beta was alright.

"We can talk about this later man, alright?" Tyler asked Matt, not wanting to have that conversation right now.

"You're not going home are you?" Matt asked looking alarmed. "You can stay at my place." he instantly said making sure Tyler wouldn't go home.

"Nah, I've been crashing with Percy." Tyler said reassuringly.

Matt scrutinized Tyler trying to see if he was lying or not before having a small thoughtful look. "Can I crash as well? I just have to head home to deal with something," Matt asked hesitantly

"More the merrier," I replied instantly, it was a large house and I didn't mind Matt staying over. He could have the room right next to Tyler if he wanted to.

"Thanks, Midget." Matt gave me a thankful smile before heading toward the doors to head back to his place before heading to mine.

After saying a few goodbyes, Tyler and I head out as well. Ray was there, as Tyler was still slightly drunk enough that we both figured it wouldn't be safe.

We also called Roseanna to get the room right next to Tyler ready for a guest, which she did so happily.

Though, instead of all of us spending the night alone. We decided to have a movie night and fell asleep during the third movie which was The Jungle Book.