She shrugged, "Just some Muggle stuff-- surfing at Hawaii and sun bathing. I'm going to be so tanned. You should totally join us!" she invited. 

   I shook my head politely. "It's fine," I said, as Izzy pouted, "I can't work red hair and a tan, you know." 

   The ride lasted for no more than a few hours, but all the conversation seemed forced as I resigned myself to look out the window while Izzy and Will chatted about the year. I closed my eyes, leaning my head against the cool window. "It was nice meeting you, Adeline Robins," Viktor's voice echoed through my mind. They could all be dead by now. 

   I dozed slightly, as another dream, worse than the last one attacked my mind. 

  My mother's face as she stared out the window; she was silent and her eyes were blank. "Mother, what's wrong?" I asked, as I approached her, "are you angry with me?" 

  "Non, Adeline," she replied in her beautiful voice, the French rolling on her tongue prettily, "I'm just thinking." 

  I studied her. She looked fragile as if a single push could shatter her. She looked broken. 

   The scene shifted as I was on my knees; tears streaming from my unfeeling eyes. Mother was dead, her body unmoving and her limbs crumpled and useless. Murder. My hands clenched at my sides, my heart burning with revenge. A sphere and line engulfed in a three sided figure. The mark of the Deathly Hallows. 

  Grindelwald. 

  He killed her in cold blood. 

  I awoke with a sudden start. "Adeline," Izzy shook me, her eyes worried as I looked up, "the train stopped; we're at the station now." I looked up, disoriented but allowed myself to be led out. "Are you sure you are alright?" Izzy asked worriedly, but I waved her off. 

  "It's fine," I said, forcing a smile, "enjoy your vacation." 

  Izzy looked at me suddenly, her expression can curious as she opened her mouth to speak, but at that moment, the sound of her parents distracted her as she looked away. Using that moment, I slipped away, unnoticed and blending into the crowd. I closed my eyes as I stepped out into the warm, London air that deceived me with the illusion of safety. 

  "Bruce and Helen Robins died," I reminded myself, "you are an orphan now. Go to where you belong." 

   I walked along the street, following the directions that I was given. The orphanage loomed above me; the dark gate solemn. There was no sound of children laughing, only the bleak exterior. Wool's Orphanage. 

   I took a deep breath before pushing open the door, entering the place. It was clean and smelling strongly of sterile and iodine. Children passed by me, looking at me with faint curiosity, but their eyes were colorless like broken glass. It was a grim place to grow up. They looked reasonably taken care of, though, as encouraged, I walked towards the sign over to the matron's office. 

  I knocked on the door sharply. 

  "Come in," the voice of a woman sounded as I entered. I eyed it. The office was cluttered with a crowded desk and a dusty armchair across from it. The plaque hanging on the wall read: Mrs. Cole. She was a nervous looking older woman in her 40's, her demeanor speaking of acuteness, rather than care. 

  "I am the new addition," I said, acting the part of the orphan, my eyes downcast and fighting the forced tears in my eyes, "I believe you have already received my papers. Adeline Robins." 

  Mrs. Cole opened her drawer and flipped through a folder, before finding the designated file. She studied me for a moment, before closing it firmly. "Yes," she replied a bit more professionally, straightening her spectacles, "you are staying here for the summer before going to the boarding school, correct?" I nodded. "If you have no further questions," she said, "your room is to the right of the Girl's wing. Ask your roommate, Amy Benson, she is a quiet girl but she will answer your questions." 

  "Thank you," I nodded as I turned away, but not before Mrs. Cole tackled me with one last question. 

  "Are you from Hogwarts as well?" 

  I froze, turning around. "What?" 

  "Another orphan here is in a summer program like yours," she answered placidly, "the similarities were quite acute, so I assumed that you two attend the same school, Hogwarts-- funny name, isn't it?" 

  "And who would be the name of this orphan?" I asked nonchalantly, lulling her to the lie of safety. 

She brought into it like everyone. "He is the same age, I believe," she said, "you will surely see him around. Do you recognize the name, Tom Riddle?" she asked, "is he in your school?" 

  My fists clenched. "Yes," I said, and before she could say another word, I dove into her mind, Legilimency finding the secrets within....

*****

I am so sorry for going MIA, but finals and projects kept me busy and I was losing inspiration. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will appreciate it if you vote and comment below, thanks :D