Chapter 3

(The picture above is Fiona)

I woke up to my phone ringing in my ear. By the time I reached over to answer it, the ringing stopped. I looked at the screen to see who it was and to my surprise I had 6 missed calls! 2 from my best friend Melanie, 2 from Jason, and 2 from my Dad, Along with a text from Jason, saying "Baby, please call me! I'm so sorry about last night." I text him back saying, "Whatever. Just leave me alone! I'm not your 'baby' anymore! We're done Jace!" Just as I pressed send there was a loud knock at the door.

"Maddie, it's me, Fiona. We need to talk. Please open the door." She said in a worried voice. I didn't respond. I wasn't in the mood to hear what Fiona had to say about what happened last night. But of course, she didn't go away. She kept knocking on the door saying, "Madison, open the damn door!" I reluctantly got out of bed for the second time this week and opened the door, then went back to laying in my bed.

"Good Morning little sis!" Fiona said all happily. I guess because she got her way. But I didn't respond. I just picked my phone up and started texting Melanie to let her know I'd call her back as soon as Fiona leaves my room.

"Why are you giving ME the silent treatment? I did nothing to you." She said as she crossed her arms while pouting.

"Yes you did. You're the one who gave Ms. Vega Dad's number! You just had to get him involved! If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have to deal with that stupid hoe he calls his girlfriend asking questions about our Mom! Hell, we wouldn't have to deal with her period! And Jason wouldn't have hit me last night!" I said with attitude.

"Dad had a right to know what was going on with his youngest daughter! Plus, Ms. Vega said this wasn't the first time you've gotten into a fight and that she can't keep talking to me because I'm not eighteen yet. She needed to talk to an adult, your parents. So, I gave her Dad's number because Mom wasn't stable at the time! Plus, this gave him an excuse to come and spend time with us. Mostly you because you NEVER answer his calls or texts! I mean I know you're mad at him for leaving but cut him some slack cause you and I don't even know why he left!" She yelled. Before I could respond my phone started ringing again. It was Jason. I declined the call and my sister gasped.

"Oh my gosh!!! Did you just decline Jason Taylor's call?" She said in a white girls voice.

"Yes, I just declined Jason Taylor's call." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"So...Does this mean you and Jason are...broken up?" She asked sounding a little too happy for my liking.

"Yes, Jason and I are broken up. You know, you can act like you're not happy." I said while throwing a pillow at her. She dodged it.

"Nice try! You missed." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Get out of my room Fiona." I said as I threw another pillow at her. This time it hit her right in the face.

"Hey!" She said as she threw the pillow at me. "Fine! I know when I'm not wanted." She said as she flipped her hair and walked out the room slamming the door behind her. I rolled my eyes at my sisters dramatic exit. She's such a drama queen. Anyways, I was about to pick up my phone to call Melanie when my bedroom door just flew open.

"Um hasn't anyone told you to-" I stopped in mid-sentence when I noticed it was Melanie.

"Hey babe! Sorry, but you weren't answering my calls and I had to make sure you were ok. I heard about your incident with Jason. I bought your favorite! Coffee ice cream. Now, tell Mama Mel what happened." She said as she jumped on my bed and pulled me into a hug. I immediately started crying. Melanie and I have known each other since we were in kindergarten. She's my best friend and we tell each other EVERYTHING. She's the only person I'll cry in front of. I began to tell her the whole story. Her eyes got wide when she heard Jason hit me. I mean, it wasn't the first time he's hit me. But the other times weren't really bad. This was by far the worst.