You glanced a little to the right and saw Ramsey digging through her little handbag. With the words, "Chanel" brand on it. You had to give her credit, the real bags were pricey.
You offered a kind smile her way in hopes that she forgave you when she looked up. Some of ger curly hair in her face.
Instead, she greeted your smile with a sour expression.
And you saw her gaze shift from you to the person behind you. Her brows knitted together a bit more.

Walking more towards Shaw's car. It was sleek. He added a few more modifications on it.
Looking at the driver side of the half driver wheel peeking out from the dashboard that you saw from the front. Then to the passenger side.
And you almost panicked.
Yes. You can do anything but get in a car. You can get over almost anything.
But this.
Well, what could you say for yourself? You were barely old enough to learn how to comfort yourself then.
You did with Ramsey but you had no choice.
And you really have no choice right then in the place hidden behind a fish factory.
You tensed as the memories began to flash behind your eyelids.

The flames.

The smell of burning flesh.

The screams.

Your parents-

"Hey."

You nearly jumped out of your skin when you felt a warm, strong hand at your shoulder.
And you realized you had stopped dead in your tracks. Probably making Shaw bump into you.
But he was looking at you. With warm, dark eyes.
No. They weren't dark.
They were almost... hazel?
But his eyes were comforting.
And that reminded you of Dom when he found you. Soot on your face as a child and his eyes were comforting.
But mostly you were focused on Shaw right then.

" 'Close your eyes' " You murmured, a small lump in your throat, threatning to get bigger. "That's what my parents screamed at me. But... " You stopped yourself before your voice could break. You didn't feel that strong right then and there. "But, I couldn't. I couldn't, I cou-"

"It's alright." He interrupted you before your voice almost broke. And he took your shoulders in his hands. He didn't touch your bare skin, just your shirt. Even though you really wouldn't have minded.
This man really is a gentleman. A ruthless, incredibly skilled gentleman. "You're scared, love? And when you're scared, you feel weak. But you just have to search within and find that inner strength. And just pull that bastard out and get that motivation to use it." And he gestured his left arm to the car five feet in front of you both.

You didn't say anything at first. Just warmly welcomed his words. Dom would encourage you, but there was a difference between his motivation and Shaw's.
And something in your chest clicked. Not an organ related thing, of course. Otherwise you would have to deal with white walls and needles in a hospital.
Nodding, you walked forward to the passenger side.
But Shaw swiftly walked in front of you and cooly slid his hand towards the door handle as he rested his elbow on the car.
The moment was long as you waited for him to open the door for you. Mostly it was of how slick he was to open the car door for you before you got to it.

He cursed under his breath.

"What?" You questioned.

"It's locked."

You laughed at him. And he smiled back. A look shared the both of you, smiling. He seemingly to be a bit affectionate. And you'd be lying if you didn't feel the warm feeling.
You blinked.
What?

But the moment was interrupted when he coughed and a small chirp came from the vehicle. And the air suddenly turned a bit awkward. You couldn't tell if it was just you or not but you really didn't want to ask.
And this time, the car door wasn't locked. He opened the door for you and you got in.
Admiring his good taste in the smell and feel of nice leather seats.
When Shaw got in, his cologne mixed fine with the leather smell, that awkward feeling crept back.
And he put the key in the ignition and the smooth purr of the engine filled the car.
Damn, he's good.