Chapter 1

Addison's POV

My name is Addison Lawrence and I'm 19 years old. I finished High School last year and am currently at UNI studying to be a Psychiatric nurse. Your most likely thinking why on earth would I want to become a psychiatric nurse? Well call me crazy but I have always been fascinated with these types of people and situations. I have been at UNI for about nearly 6 months and that means I soon have to go and have some work experience at a Mental Hospital. I would be working at Homebush Mental Institution for the rest of the year and if they like me hopefully they will offer me a permanent job. There aren't many institutions in Australia so really this is a big deal.

My alarm goes off at 6am. I am actually ridiculously nervous for today. I got out of bed and got ready. I didn't need to get dressed up, like it's a Mental Hospital for Gods sake. The jug was fully boiled and I made my coffee and was out the door. My black Mazda 3 was parked where I left it in the apartments car park. The drive was only 10 minutes away so I got there 10 minutes early. Should have a good first impression right?

HOMEBUSH MENTAL INSTITUTION. The massive sign out front said. Well this is it. I got out of the car and started walking up the steps to the huge door that was standing in front of me.

"Hello. You must be Addison, correct? I'm Jenny the Head Nurse." she smiled warmly at me.

"Yes I am and nice to meet you Jenny"

"OK well lets get started shall we. I will give you a quick tour and run down of the place then I will hand you over to Lexi who will help you for today"

Jenny showed me the cells, lunchroom and the staff room. She also gave me a run down of what I will be doing for the rest of the year. As we got back to the front office I saw a girl who had shoulder length black hair. That must be Lexi.

"There you go Addison. This is Lexi and she will be helping you around today. So I better get going and good luck. Oh and before I forget a new patient is coming in today and all staff are required outside" Jenny said and walked away.

"Hi I'm Lexi" she said happily and attack me in a hug.

"Im Addison" I laughed.

I decided I liked this girl I feel that we will be good friends. Lexi helped me with my first job which was deliver breakfast to the patients in block 1. The institution was divided into 3 blocks. Block 1 was were all the harmless patients were and where I would mostly be working with the experience I had with these people. Higher the block is the more dangerous the patients get. The job wasn't that hard I just had to side the tray through the slot in the door. The patients got delivered breakfast and dinner but had lunch in the lunch room.

"I know that wasn't the most exciting job but it has to be done. The more experience you get, you will have other jobs. Lets go to the staff room I'm starving. We don't have anything to do till lunch"

Me and Lexi walked to the staff room. There wasn't anyone in here. Lexi said they were all doing there jobs and would be back before lunch. I learnt me and Lexi had a lot in common. She was 5 years older then me but that didn't matter. After a while more staff pile into the room. They were all actually surprisingly nice. Lunch was in an hour and Lexi was telling me the procedures of getting the patients to the lunch room and what to do if anything happens. To be honest I was quite nervous for lunch supervision. I was going to be in a room with patients from all blocks. I know there will be security and other staff members but it was nerve racking. Kelly another staff member started talking about the new patient.

"Apparently he is from the UK. None of the institutions would take him. He went on a killing spree. Killed 14 people. When he went to court he admitted to everything. He was apparently smiling and laughing, that is just sick. But the thing is he is only 20" Kelly gushed.

I was shocked. I mean I knew I would be tested having this job, I knew it wasn't going to be easy but what sort of person would do that. I was becoming anxious for this mans arrival. Lunch time had come around and everyone went to their designated cells and escorted the patients to the lunch room.

Lunch went by quite quickly to be honest it wasn't as bad as I thought. The patients mostly kept to themselves the whole time. Me, Lexi and Kelly just chatted the whole time and had some lunch. Let me tell you that the food is absolutely terrible here. I will have to bring my own. The hour was over and we again had to escort the people back to there little rooms. Cleaning was next on the list of things to do. That job was a downer since Lexi was cleaning in a different part of the building. Walking back to the office I got a bit lost and found myself alone in Block 3. The stares from the patients would be enough to scare any humans socks off. I ended up running back to the office. Wow I'm unfit.

"You OK Addie. You look out of breath" Lexi asked worryingly.

"Yeah sorry Lexi I just got lost is all" I chuckled.

"Oh ok. Well the new patients is almost here so we have to go outside"

As we got outside the building we saw all the staff and a couple of security guards waiting for his arrival. 5 minutes later a black van pulled up. The security guards walked up and opened the door. I looked up and locked eyes with the killer.

A/N

Hiiii. So this is my new story.

 ENJOY :)

-Alyssa x