Rough Day(part 2)

Start from the beginning

Gwen isn't surprised with Damon's next words, "Found Katherine. Klaus has her, but I slipped her some vervain. To help fight off his compulsion."

I'm too tired to worry if that's a good idea or not.

"We might be wrong about the curse," Stefan adds, "Klaus is using it to trigger the part of him that's a werewolf. Then he could sire his own bloodline, build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, but everyone. According to Elijah."
Gwen rubs her forehead while

Damon just scowls at his brother,"Should we even trust him."

I can't even deal right now.

Tuning out their bickering about trust. Gwen heads to her old bathroom. Finding it just how she left it minus personal items. Taking a wash cloth Gwen cleans her neck. Exhausted she considers staying when a knock interrupts.

Damon leans on the doorframe arms crossed. A backpack slung over one shoulder, "Tough day?" Gwen snorts, "Come on got something to that can help."

Gwen stares at his outstretched hand. Not ready to face what else he has to say concerning them. Yet also curious what could possibly help.

Can he freeze time? Stop everything from spiraling out of control. Maybe for a moment he can.

Placing Her hand in his Gwen let's Damon pull her into him. Fighting back a blush as he lifts her bridal style. With vampire speed he runs towards their destination. She ignores the world speeding by. Eyes glued to Damon's face. Her fingers itch to trace it for hours. Her heart aches to let him mend it. Deep down Gwen knows he would, if she let him.

Just let go, just dive...I would but I can't survive him letting me go again.

The world stops speeding by forcing Gwen out of her thoughts. Damon sets her on green grass. She is quick to realize they are in the park. Damon quickly pulls a red blanket from the backpack. He gently lays it down,
Gwen lips form a small smile, "What are you doing?"

"Haven't watched the stars in years," Damon shrugs, "Thought it would be relaxing. Promise no talk about anything important. Just shutting out life for a little bit."

"So I can talk about ice cream flavors and you won't care?"

"Promise," Damon beams, light blue eyes filled with affection, "Though don't know why you would chose such a boring topic."

"It's so not boring,"

Damon raises his hands in mock surrender, "If you say so."

Both smile at each other forgetting their tangled past and present. Damon lays down first, eyes staring above. Gwen without hesitation joins his side, hands inches apart. The stars shine bright in a clear sky. Some more clear then others. All tempting those below to reach for more. To get lost in dreams and wonders. Stress, fear, confusion and worry melt off Gwen. For moment time turns back. To when two friends who only worried about parents expectations, watched the stars, dreaming of advantages.

"Thanks you," Gwen whispers appreciation clear.

"No problem," Damon replies.

Gwen nods at his words. Smiling when she finds the big dipper. Obvious to Damon watching her. A small smile gracing his own face. Neither notice their hands move. Until they intertwine with each others. Gwen head falls to the side. Her eyes connecting with his light blue ones. Every fiber of her being pulses with happiness. Fear threatens to crawl at her heart, but Gwen ignores it. Focusing on the happiness and content in her.

I can dive, take a risk for him.

Gwen opens her mouth to confess her love. When Damon sits up, pulling his hand out of hers. And just like that Gwen gives back into her fear of rejection.

"I have something for you," Damon's words get Gwen to sit up. Silently watching him dig into the backpack, "Two things actually but we will start with this," Damon informs her, handing her a blue pouch.

Curiosity peeked Gwen carefully undies the yellow strings. Reaching in and pulling out a beautiful ring. It's center a pearl surrounded by small diamonds.

Eyes widening, breath pausing Gwen is lost for words, "I, Damon it's it's beautiful," her eyes return to his, "I don't deserve this."

"I bought it for my best friend right before leaving for war. So she wouldn't forget me, but forgot to give it to her when we were saying goodbye," Something pulls at Gwen that there's more to it but she doesn't press, "It's yours and you deserve."

Gwen slips it onto her free index finger, "Thanks."

Damon nods, returning to the backpack, pulling out a yellow folder, "Found something in Isobel's research."

"What?"

Damon spread out the folders contents before them. Revealing old birth records, family trees and personal notes from Isobel.

"Apparently Karayan is very old family who produced a lot of Wiccans," Damon informs Gwen, "Some believe their family to be the first Wiccans. Guess at one point they developed a fuel with another family."

Gwen picks up Isobel's notes, quickly finding which family, "Mine, the Jordan's."

"I don't think you are related to whoever is attacking you."

"Maybe,"Gwen drops the notes forcing back his Damon, "Next time Klaus is busy I want to see Katherine."

"Why?"

"I believe her, that someone hired her to kill my family. I want to know more and she is going to tell me, I'll make her."

"Okay," Damon puts everything back in the folder. He looks up to find Gwen staring off into the distance. He gets her attention with a simple "Hey, I don't care who we have to go through. We will find the crystal. I believe it's real and everyone else can screw off."

It surges through her again, the happiness. Need to have his arms hold her close.

Gwen can't hold back the desire to confess she loves him, "Damon I...."

A needle prick followed by pain claims Gwen's shoulder, cutting of words and thought. Her vision blurs as Damon stands. Anger written all over his face and tense body. Gwen makes to stand, but falls from waves of dizziness. She barely hears the gunshots or see Damon fall before her. Blackness starts to claim her vision. A woman with a tight curly brown hair, brown eyes and copper skin. Is the last thing Gwen sees before succumbing to darkness.

 Is the last thing Gwen sees before succumbing to darkness

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Also hope you guys enjoyed this one.